Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Why do sewing machine manufacturers quit making parts for older machines? >

Why do sewing machine manufacturers quit making parts for older machines?

Why do sewing machine manufacturers quit making parts for older machines?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
I agree that it is getting harder and harder to find specific parts or presser feet for the older machines.

I have been on the hunt for a Bernina older style #62 presser foot for quite awhile with no luck . I have left my name and number with many repair places just in case they might come across a used one. (if you have a source please let me know)
I just checked the Bernina cheat sheet, and it's not listed, so they don't make it anymore. But they still make #61 to #69 that do basically the same thing. What are you specifically looking for? Some of these feet will only do a straight stitch. Some will do just about any stitch. They all roll the hem. The #61 makes a tiny hem and the #66 makes about a 1/4" hem. I think we can meet your needs with a different foot.

Last edited by quiltedsunshine; 09-08-2018 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I checked my sources.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the info Annette - I thought thatI had heard that the foot is not made any more so I guess I am searching for an older used one - I also noticed that the "new style" 62 foot can be be found but my machines use old style presser feet. I already have #64 & 66. I want a very narrow (2mm) straight stitch hem and that's what the 62 does. LOL I know I am being a bit picky and know there are comparable ways but it would be terrific to find one.

Last edited by costumegirl; 09-09-2018 at 03:30 PM.