Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2018---chat here >

Secret Santa 2018---chat here

Secret Santa 2018---chat here

Old 11-04-2018, 08:33 AM

I got my package. I wonder if RoseIrish48 is my pal?

I have one more thing I am waiting on for my pal and then off it goes in the mail. If it doesn't come before midweek, I'll mail so as not to miss the deadline and send a second package. It is going off to someone who has pets, and likes a lot of the same colors I do.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
I have a request for the person that has my name and the person who receives a package from me. I am not able to post pictures so if you could take pictures of the items and post them I would really appreciate it. I love seeing all the goodies that people receive and feel bad that I am not able to do the same. Thanks in advance. BrendaK
I alos have the same request. I have no cell phone or camera to take pics with. Thanks Rumbols
Old 11-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
I managed to mess up - although not too bad. First, I participate in two different Santa swaps each year - for years now- one here, one on a different site. The other one we get our partner in February and have all year to collect & make things, this one we get our partners in October & have a month to get it together.
This one mail date November 6 this year, the other one mail date December 1st.
i had both boxes on the table, with their respective questionnaires so I wouldn’t mess up. organizing contents, wrapping etc.
had time to get my package out yesterday ( yea!) grabbed it- double checked everything was right for its questionnaire, wrote card, taped it up— wrote ( quilt board secret Santa pkg on the outside- included screen name on card— see, so organized....mailed it out...excited it will be there Monday...
you know where this is going right...?
The person who gets it Monday is going to be very confused- she doesn’t belong to this board...and wow- a month early!
i realized my mistake when I came into the sewing room this morning and decided to finish up the other pkg. ( Oh so glad I did!) so, yours is now all wrapped up, labeled, ready to go in the morning.
At least I had the correct contents for each one- otherwise this would have been a total mess.
And im going to have to spoil the ( secret part) of the other one and go explain the strange labeling on the one she will receive on Monday.
So much for Organization.
I need to write in big, bold letters which program the questionnaire is for....
It could have been a lot worse! What other site do you participate in out of interest as I haven’t been able to find any others!
Old 11-04-2018, 06:27 PM

yes please let us know..I'd like to do 2 as well.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Well, I just need to write the card and off it goes tomorrow. I hope it will be a fun filled package for Santee.

Anticipating the arrival of mine and I will tuck it away to not be tempted.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:35 PM

I know that the person I sent mine too has received the package and already opened it as they are new to this and didn’t realise....

It is also the one time I forgot to take a pic before sending it off and now it is too late for them to do so - never mind! I’m just glad they liked the package I made up. Next year I am going to start collecting much earlier as we don’t get as many bargains as you guys in US.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:50 AM

So many clues, and several could be me. My package is ready, I just need to take a photo and wrap the items.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
yes please let us know..I'd like to do 2 as well.
im a member of the American Quilter Society, when you are a member you have access to a place called ( My Quilt Place) there is a forum with many group activities throughout the year, including a Secret Santa swap. You also receive The American Quilter Magazine, special member discounts when shopping their site and invitations to enter AQS sponsored shows & discounts for tickets to the shows. I’ve been a member for about 15 years.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:41 AM

Thanks ckcowl I'll check it out
Old 11-05-2018, 09:05 AM

On its way today. Remember, don’t give away if you guess. Save it for opening day, please, I think it will be more of an event that way.