Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Diamond painting quilt ? >

Diamond painting quilt ?

Diamond painting quilt ?

Old 10-11-2018, 01:42 PM

Default Diamond painting quilt ?

I recently started a new craft: diamond painting - and find it super meditative and addictive. Here's a link to the basics: https://www.herrschners.com/topic/in...nd+painting.do. But.... I want to merge it with my love for quilting and convert it into a small wall hanging - maybe add a border of "filler" quilt block units. Has anyone done this or have any ideas on how to approach it? The painting is done on some sort of canvas like material.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-11-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: PM
Old 10-11-2018, 01:48 PM

New to me idea of diamond painting. Very interesting!!
Old 10-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Gay

You may be able to make a border - pieced or plain - and use your zipper foot to attach it to each side. A better idea would be to put the border on before sticking the 'diamonds' onto the canvas. I started one of these in April, had to put it aside, and now it sits, waiting. Also I find it's easy to knock the diamonds off as they don't stick all that well which is why I suggest using the zipper foot.

But they are beautiful.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:32 PM

One thing you might keep in mind is that the website you linked says that you can only wipe it to clean. It specifically says "Do not wash, iron or dry clean".
Old 10-14-2018, 07:23 AM

Interesting idea--have never heard of this before but looks like fun. Art Quilts are supposed to be cleaned with a damp cloth and not washed in the machine and dried as regular quilts are so I don't see a problem with the cleaning part.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by sJens View Post
Interesting idea--have never heard of this before but looks like fun. Art Quilts are supposed to be cleaned with a damp cloth and not washed in the machine and dried as regular quilts are so I don't see a problem with the cleaning part.
It will depend on how you are planning to clean it. Not all art quilts are never washed and if you gift it to someone, you need to make sure they know it can't be washed. Most people will think "It's a quilt. I can wash it" I know some quilters who are that way.