Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2019 >

What are we organizing today 2019

What are we organizing today 2019

Old 05-29-2019, 10:05 AM

Rob, Do report on the de-cluttering meeting.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Rob, Do report on the de-cluttering meeting.
will do. June 7 is the day we have our initial meeting.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Carol: Prayers for a complete recovery.
Thanks Connie.....I know He's listening!!!!
Old 05-30-2019, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Carol- remember to take a break after 15 minutes, even if you are feeling energetic and raring to go. You want to also have energy left to do the fun stuff. And even shorter increments than 15 minutes can be enough to accomplish organizing/decluttering goals. Best wishes on your continued treatments.

Rob

Rob
Great advice Rob, thanks. And I'm really looking forward to hearing about that de-cluttering meeting
Old 05-30-2019, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

Carol, I'm wishing you all the best. Be sure to take some time to just pamper yourself. You deserve it Hugs!
Old 05-30-2019, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Hey everyone, I just cleaned out my sewing room and donated 6 large garbage bags of fabric, UFO's and stuff I know I'll never use. Now my sewing room is inviting and I love everything in it!!! It's a great feeling. And I'm not doing the guilt trip over things I didn't finish.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Hey everyone, I just cleaned out my sewing room and donated 6 large garbage bags of fabric, UFO's and stuff I know I'll never use. Now my sewing room is inviting and I love everything in it!!! It's a great feeling. And I'm not doing the guilt trip over things I didn't finish.
congratulations- that is a major accomplishment!!!

Rob
Old 05-30-2019, 04:52 PM

This thread is truly inspiring. I have three projects going at the same time which is normal for me but every time I put down one I find something else to organize. My latest passion has been doing machine embroidery. Since my eldest DD is an elementary school teacher every year at Christmas I make her students embroidered bookmarks and at Easter I make free standing lace egg holders. As a result I have pieces of different stabilizers left over. (I also do quilt squares, towels, t-shirts, etc.) A few years ago my friend talked me into saving the left over scraps and it made sense because it can patch together easily. In fact, I went 2 years without having to buy any Ultra heavy water soluble by using scraps. My only organization (I thought) was separating the water soluble from the other. But yesterday I found there was really no organization. It was so mixed up! And I decided - no time like the present to get it into some as-semblance of order. So I pulled it out of the drawers and boxes (it was even rolled up into the roll stabilizer I was using), separated it by type and put the scraps into ziplock bags. It actually took over an hour to find it all, separate it, then put it away. I do keep the WSS in a plastic box, and all other rolls of various stabilizer are in a drawer with the the Wonder-Under. It just seems to pop out of no-where like the scraps of fabric that multiply when you turn the lights off. But it was nice to get it all in 2 places. I found I had purchased some I didn't need, so hopefully that won't happen now.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 05-30-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, Rob!
Old 05-31-2019, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Carol, I'm wishing you all the best. Be sure to take some time to just pamper yourself. You deserve it Hugs!
Thanks Susie.....getting a little me time in today. Going to the a Matinee to see Rocketman with a bunch of gals that live in my building, then to lunch. I'm driving so I'll only have one tiny glass of wine or a beer if they have Blue Moon, with my lunch - but oh boy am I going to enjoy that!!!!