Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
E6 Error on Artistic 18 SD >

E6 Error on Artistic 18 SD

E6 Error on Artistic 18 SD

Old 02-24-2019, 04:23 AM

Default E6 Error on Artistic 18 SD

Has anyone had an E6 error on this machine and what does it mean. My local Janome dealer doesn't know what it means and has not been able to contact the company. Something is binding but we cannot figure out what is causing it to bind. The manuel is no help. I had been quilting for two days. Had turned the machine off and when I turned it back on this error came on. The machine is 2 years and 11 months old and I have quilted many quilts on it. I oil the machine every time I start a new project or in the middle of a big project. Thanks for any insight on the problem.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:50 AM

I had that on my janome 6600. It was a sensor that jammed. I my book in the back where it has problems and what migh5 cause them list different reasons.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:16 AM

Have you tried doing a search on the Janome site?
Old 02-24-2019, 07:34 AM

Have you tried giving the bobbin case a really good cleaning? Sometimes this is a common culprit that causes problems. I don't know anything about your machine but I had a problem w/my Janome Magnolia not long ago & it was fixed by a good bobbin case cleaning. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:08 AM

I don't know anything about your machine but did a google search and came up with a thread on it. There are a few ads to scroll through....but maybe something there to help.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t268967...anome_artistic
Old 02-24-2019, 08:09 AM

I agree someone on this board gave me the same advice. Try using your brush and a tweezer, being very careful cleaning beneath the entire housing of the bobbin case.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:07 PM

I have this same machine and haven't had any errors come up. I don't think this is related, but I found out from watching a YouTube, there is one more spot to oil. It's on the top, near the bobbin winder. I use a long funnel type oil dispenser to get to that spot. I find it so interesting that in my manuals, it never mentions this spot to be oiled, just the one on top of the machine near the left and then the spot on the bed of the machine. Maybe this helps?
Old 02-26-2019, 06:25 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have cleaned out the bobbin area and looked for threads, broken parts, etc. My husband took the covers off to expose the inner workings and could find nothing out of place. Perhaps somehow the timing is off. Trying to be patient and see if my dealer comes up with an answer. In the meantime I can work on other projects.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fastpedal View Post
Has anyone had an E6 error on this machine and what does it mean. My local Janome dealer doesn't know what it means and has not been able to contact the company. Something is binding but we cannot figure out what is causing it to bind. The manuel is no help. I had been quilting for two days. Had turned the machine off and when I turned it back on this error came on. The machine is 2 years and 11 months old and I have quilted many quilts on it. I oil the machine every time I start a new project or in the middle of a big project. Thanks for any insight on the problem.
that is too much oiling
Old 02-26-2019, 09:32 PM

Don't worry, it's not too much oiling on a longarm. My boss says to oil with every other bobbin change.

If you take the needle plate off, sometimes you can see threads jammed behind the hook.