Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mini Iron for Classes/Retreats >

Mini Iron for Classes/Retreats

Mini Iron for Classes/Retreats

Old 03-18-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
I have the SteamFast mini also and love it! Walmart had it for around $12. Thinking of getting another one to leave at the cabin. One less thing to carry back and forth!
Me too but my Walmart sold it for 10...700 series and 700 Watts...
Old 03-18-2019, 05:22 PM

I have a Conair as shown above and a Clover Wedge. Love both.

Have had the Steam Fast and seemingly am the only person in the world who doesn't like it, lol. Great reviews on line. I found it difficult to hold but the real issue for me was that the cord kept getting in my way.

Rowenta travel was another no go for me. The folding handle broke, and no way to get it to stay in place after that, no matter what I tried. Several others I know had the same problem. Evidently travel irons are meant for light pressing, not convincing blocks that they *will* behave!
Old 03-19-2019, 04:39 AM

I have a steam fast from Walmart and I love it! I purchased a second one, if I have a fabric stash why not an iron stash? I have a board that fits over the arms of the recliner and I put a wool pressing mat on top of that. That way I can have my legs up while I press smaller things. Don't know how I did without it.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:59 AM

I have a little Steamfast as PamelaOry posted. I made a cute little carrier/ironing mat for it so it transports easily to classes.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:25 AM

Default mini iron

Originally Posted by Fabricgator View Post
Friends,

What brand of mini iron do you have that you love to take to retreat/classes?

Thanks!
I have a steamfast iron and love it. The one you get at the quilt shop is much better than the one at Walmart, plus it is a dual voltage if you travel overseas. It's great for pressing small quilt pieces. Regarding the long cord, I have a spring thing on the end of my ironing board and it holds the cord up so I don't have any problems.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:25 PM

I have the Steam-Fast iron and love it. It gets really hot and is easy to use. I got it from a Missouri Star Deal of the Day, so it was less. Last Saturday, I used mine for my demo at the quilt show. The cord is hard wired. Another gal had a demo, too, and her cord kept falling out of her iron during the demo.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:43 PM

I have 3 (yes 3) of these little but mighty irons. I own 2 of the Rowenta travel irons and used and loved them till these little sweeties came in the market. They are reasonable to,purchase, fits my hand perfectly and heats up very quickly. I actually used steam the first time I used one as the quilt teacher required it. Boy was I impressed!