Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Viewing The New York Times recipes >

Viewing The New York Times recipes

Viewing The New York Times recipes

Old 06-12-2019, 12:54 PM

Default Viewing The New York Times recipes

When I search a word or recipe on nytimescooking.com, the screen flashes the recipe for one second and then another screen pops up saying to click there to access all of their recipes free of charge. When I do that, it asks me to buy a membership for $1.25/week or $40/year. Is there another way?
Many thanks!!
Old 06-13-2019, 04:46 AM

Yeah...the NYT is moving over to a subscription based format. Sometime you can get past it by clicking on the space surrounding the pop-up notice.

~ C
Old 06-13-2019, 12:13 PM

Thank you Tropit...I will give that a try. ��
Old 09-17-2019, 07:21 PM

Try Cooks.com
Old 09-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

i hate sites like that. click here to get 10% off and join mailing list. you can't look anymore with that on the screen. i just get out.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:48 AM

It's the new business model and frankly it is better for us than the virus infected pop up infested targeted ad software that has been used, but it is a departure from the free internet and super annoying. What I hate is sites that make me register before I can even really see the real site, so no Zulily or Pinterest for me.

I've decided that pre-internet I had no problem with buying magazine subscriptions but I had to choose my selections based on budget and interest. Guess I'm going to have to do the same for sites I like.

I have a lot of blocking software and browsing the internet isn't so much as fun as it is safe. I do have sites that I support by "white listing" the ability to see ads on their site. I also have a number of sites I contribute to on a regular basis, it isn't small but for as much as I do go to Wikipedia they get a yearly gift from me.

For recipes my standard place to go is Cooks.com as previously mentioned. You may have to wade through a few similar recipes to get the one you like but that often gives me other ideas on how to use the ingredients as opposed to just following the recipe. I usually cook free style but sometimes (especially with baking) I need actual proportions and such.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

I found that typing in a name of a recipe if I have it, in a search I usually find it. Someone will repost it somewhere else and it shows up. Don't forget to look at pages of the search other then the first one. I find a lot of interesting things on pages 5 or 6 if it goes that far.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:37 AM

If you happen to use Instagram, you can follow NYTcooking and get their daily recipes free (no account required)
Good luck.