Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One million pillowcases challenge >

One million pillowcases challenge

One million pillowcases challenge

Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 AM

I called my LQS in Lansing, Michigan because their site was listed as a participating store. they had not heard of it, but we will see if they get the ball rolling on this. Am i a trouble maker or what? back to making pillowcases.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:22 AM

I just delivered 20 pillowcases to our local CPS office. I also made some for the "Heads At Ease" project to provide pillowcases to the troops. Our quilting group made 75 Christmas pillowcases for a local nursing home to surprise the residents with some holiday cheer. Pillowcases are sooo easy and will brighten another's day. I encourage everyone to make one or several. There are patterns all over the internet.

I just delivered 20 pillowcases to our local CPS office. I also made some for the "Heads At Ease" project to provide pillowcases to the troops. Our quilting group made 75 Christmas pillowcases for a local nursing home to surprise the residents with some holiday cheer. Pillowcases are sooo easy and will brighten another's day. I encourage everyone to make one or several. There are patterns all over the internet.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM

Karen, you are one in a million!!!! That is just great what you have done & I'm getting anxious to start mine but I still have to finish my quilts for kids. Keep up the good work! Were you able to add the number of cases to the challenge site.?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 AM

jackson, michigan LQS is hosting a sew in. Feb l9th. come all you quilters. dropped 20 off for foster kids yest. and they were really happy.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM

I'm surprised they don't show the "hot dog in a bun" method. I made nine on my serger, for Quilts of Valor, and top stitched the seam with red, white and blue thread for decoration. Choosing fabrics took way more time than construction.
Did anyone notice what great stash busters these are? Over one yard each, in maybe half an hour of sewing!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM

I made my first two pillowcases on Monday and cut two more out tonight. I used the hot dog method. So much fun and so easy too. I'm going to contact the local Family Law Center where I know someone and see how these can best be used for women and children who are forced to leave their homes for whatever reason. I'd also like to find a local hospital that would love to have some.

You can see my first pillow cases here:
http://www.stitchingcircle.com/?p=528
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 AM

how smart of you to take pictures. i didn't just thought, ahhhhh, they're done, and gave them away.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 PM

We atarted making the pillowcases wednesday..we cut them all out..as a group.next wednesday, we will all gather to sew them up..Thanks for link for this worthy project!