Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not Allowed! >

Not Allowed!

Not Allowed!

Old 08-15-2019, 06:34 PM

Hubby if he's on a trash hunting mission. I'm the only one allowed to empty the trash can in the sewing room in case something has fallen into it. I check through it but he wouldn't before emptying. You need to stay hydrated so drink container has to have a lid with straw in it.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:51 PM

No little munchkins unless held by parent or understands "do not touch cuz it could hurt you"..space is far from child-proof....
Old 08-16-2019, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
No little munchkins unless held by parent or understands "do not touch cuz it could hurt you"..space is far from child-proof....

I have a phobia about my rotary cutter. We often have grandkids here and I know they sometimes wander into my sewing room when they go to the bathroom. Although they are old enough to understand that needles and pins can hurt I’m terrified they get hold of my cutter.

For this reason every time I use it I put it on the highest shelf in the room. Even if I’m going to be using it a number of times I will put it there when I finish that particular cut.

Hopefully by the time they’re old enough to reach it I’ll have stopped worrying about them and it!
Old 08-16-2019, 05:19 AM

My hubby when he wants to use laundry room sink ( same room) for cleaning paint brushes!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:35 AM

My sewing room is in my living room. Cats are definitely allowed. The only things not allowed are drinks that might spill and food.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:30 PM

I have a recently acquired cat and no door on my family room where I sew. So far, she hasn't shown any interest in the pins - my children did have a cat ho liked to put pins in her mouth, so I've been watching. Maybe these long pins aren't as appealing. No one is allowed in my real sewing room - it's too messy, but anyone can visit the current one.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marilynr View Post
I have always had cats & until my latest one, Waddles, none wanted in my sewing room. But Waddles loves to come
in & lay on my ironing board or wherever she can find a comfy place. However, I can no longer allow her my sewing
room because 2 weeks ago she developed an abscess in her front paw, which is being treated with antibiotics &
soaking her paw !! The vet says she punctured her paw with something & the only thing I can think of, since she is
an indoor cat, is she hurt herself in my sewing room. So sorry this happened & I miss having her with me.
maybe you could do what I'm going to do: learn to sew with glue instead of pins .
Old 08-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I don't have any friends are family members that smoke so I never think about having someone wanting to smoking in my house but it would be a number one rule if a smoker came to my house.
I didn't think of it either as we have signs posted and all family members know that my
dh is on oxygen.
If it didn't bother him it would make me sick. I get a whiff of smoke and my head immediately
tightens up like it has bands around it!
I suppose there are other things like the quilt police that I didn't think of.
I really hope those having drinks near their machines will reconsider putting them further
away.
I thought I was being careful around our computer and got away with it for years but
eventually you will spill.
I ruined a laptop .
It's like a lot believe they will never cut themselves with a rotary cutter and then they do.
I never thought I would stick my finger in a sharp appliance like an immersion blender,
but one night at 9:30 p.m. I did and thought I had removed my finger.
I got six stitches and three months later a surgery.
Never say never.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
Nothing is banned except the daily news on TV or radio. I quilt to have fun and relax and I don't like the negative atmosphere. I have 2 large dogs and they love to sleep in my sewing studio when I am using my sewing machine. I think the hum of the motor lulls them to sleep.
it's great to hear someone else say they have to get away from the news and blather!!!
My dh is one of those that watches it ad nauseum and our house is so small I insisted we
insulate our computer room better (it seriously needed it), and now I can shut the door.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:57 PM

Anyone looking for a pair of scissors is not allowed in my sewing room!