Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Batting at Overstock.com.....has anyone used it and what do they think? >

Batting at Overstock.com.....has anyone used it and what do they think?

Batting at Overstock.com.....has anyone used it and what do they think?

Old 08-29-2019, 07:27 AM

Default Batting at Overstock.com.....has anyone used it and what do they think?

Hello, I normally buy my batting by the bolt......120 x 20/30yds. Normally I buy Quilter's Dream 70/30 but this last time I ordered Hobbs 80/20......120 x 20yds. Don't care for it as its so fluffy compared to Quilter's Dream. But I'll use it up and then order either Quilter's Dream again or try this batting someone suggested on Overstock.com. Think they said by Pellon but can't recall which one as there are so many types. Didn't find any in the 120 x 20/30 yds though so that's disappointing.

If anyone has used batting from Overstock.com could you give me your opinion what you liked or disliked about it, how it quilted, any issues while quilting with it, etc?

Thanks all, I know I'll get some opinions, suggestions from you'all and that's why I like coming here to ask.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:17 PM

I bought a roll of Pellon batting at Joann and liked it was well as W&N, which is my usual choice. I love QD, but it is price prohibitive for me.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:37 PM

I've had Pellon--not sure exactly which of their weights, etc, as it was with charity quilt, but I found it very linty.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:28 PM

Wesing, is the Pellon at JoAnne's the same as what's on Overstock.com site? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:29 AM

A customer brought me the Toasty batting from Joann's and it was very linty. Had to clean out bobbin area after every bobbin change and scoop foot was full after every row of a pano. She said it was 70 % off and I can see why.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:38 AM
Power Poster

I am on my second roll of Pelion - all cotton one. I think it has a scrim but I’m very pleased with it. I like warm and natural but it is expensive and the Pellon works just as well for me.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:59 AM

My preference is W&N. I have tried any number of other battings but always seem to come back to W&N. I will however check out Overstock.com to see if I find it worth my efforts.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:31 AM

I buy the wool batting from Overstock as it has the best prices. I always get the king size, regardless of the size quilt I am making, even baby quilts. Multiple quilts per package. I have not purchased the roll, only package.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:34 AM

I've had a mostly positive experience with Pellon. I did have one roll that was good the first half and then started getting thinner after that. It was almost paper-thin by the end and wasn't able to use some of the second half of the roll because of that. I normally use Quilter's Dream as well and don't stray too much from their batting
Old 08-30-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I've had Pellon--not sure exactly which of their weights, etc, as it was with charity quilt, but I found it very linty.
That was my experience with Pellon batting from Joann’s. Would never buy again.