Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
finally have my sewing room spruced up! >

finally have my sewing room spruced up!

finally have my sewing room spruced up!

Old 09-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Default finally have my sewing room spruced up!

Woohoo! I forced DH to buckle down and we cleared out our basement storage area and while he's still digging through trunks, I finished up my part--so worked on my sewing room all day. I removed a bookcase (goes to DD) along with lots of her stuff from walk-in-closet and bookcase--she will get it next weekend. That allowed me to move a chest of drawers into the room and load drawers with fabrics, patterns, etc. And also move a table I use for Accuquilt system over to another wall where I have wall storage set up for dies. Best part?(besides basically pitching a lot of jumk) I now have 2 design walls--a smaller one that I had previously and a 5 foot one, and I also had room to put up a color wheel chart and some photos I've taken. Feel really accomplished, so tomorrow I get to start sewing!
Old 09-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Good for you! And a great reward to go with it.
My sewing room has taken me forever to get reorganized. I worked on it for 3 hours early afternoon and now over another three hours tonight. I'm seeing progress, but it's a long process.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:32 AM

Congratulations to you for creating your perfect space!

Please tell us, did you use shelves or wall cabinets for the dies? I'm considering using wall cabinets for storage in a future re-do.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:35 AM

I love it when my sewing spaces are neat. Living alone, my sewing room now consists of 3. I was first in a room in my basement but I couldn’t hear my doorbell and I felt isolated. So that room now is my fabric room, cutting table and an ironing board. Next, I moved to the bedroom I had for my mother before she died. I sew in there now. It is bright and Peach and I love it in there. He sleeps on the bed while I sew. It is really difficult to keep this space neat with another ironing station and threads everywhere but I try. A month or so ago, I moved my Featherweights downstairs where my grandchildren used to play (they are 14 and 16 now and no longer playing. They now go to their bedrooms. Lol ) and I moved my quilting books into shelves there. It is now my “library”. It works for me but I do get the feeling Quilting is taking over my home and life. I wonder, does anyone else feel this way?

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 09-02-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:29 AM

Please show us a picture of your space when you have everything set up.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:20 AM

It is so wonderful to have your space back! To be able to stitch to your heart's content. Go for it girl!
Old 09-02-2019, 05:44 PM

these 2 pictures show all the stuff that was crammed into the sewing room dormer. The third pictures shows how it looks now--design walls on both sides and new (old repurposed) curtains that replaced the heavy velvet ones. The fourth pictures is the area that used to house the Accuquilt and table (but dies scattered) and that dresser used to be in the walk-in closet (which still is--orderly--full of DD's stuff and my fabrics)and the dresser housed my DD's Breyer horse collection--it's going to her house so I can use the drawers to store all quilting supplies! (P.S. I use the trundle bed to hold fabric too!)[ATTACH=CONFIG]616971[/ATTACH][[ATTACH=CONFIG]616974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]616973[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]616976[/ATTACH] so spent the afternoon making curtains for 2 g-boys' rooms--ready to get back to quilting tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails img_3795.jpg   img_3798.jpg   img_3796.jpg   img_3797.jpg  
Old 09-02-2019, 05:46 PM

-these were not sideways in my computer! But at least it gives you an idea what I did for 3 days. My long Accuquilt dies on on the file folder rack on the wall; and my others are in desktop file folder racks that sit on a plastic tub next to the cutter table, Qubest sitting next to them.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-03-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the pictures!
Old 09-03-2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
Woohoo! I forced DH to buckle down and we cleared out our basement storage area and while he's still digging through trunks, I finished up my part--so worked on my sewing room all day. I removed a bookcase (goes to DD) along with lots of her stuff from walk-in-closet and bookcase--she will get it next weekend. That allowed me to move a chest of drawers into the room and load drawers with fabrics, patterns, etc. And also move a table I use for Accuquilt system over to another wall where I have wall storage set up for dies. Best part?(besides basically pitching a lot of jumk) I now have 2 design walls--a smaller one that I had previously and a 5 foot one, and I also had room to put up a color wheel chart and some photos I've taken. Feel really accomplished, so tomorrow I get to start sewing!

would love some pictures