Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What does your Member name mean? >

What does your Member name mean?

What does your Member name mean?

Old 09-28-2019, 04:40 PM

I wanted to keep my maiden name when I married and didn't think my husband would be happy with my decision. So when I can, I combine the initials from my first name, middle name, maiden name and married name. Added quilt because that is what I do.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:46 PM

The 'toh' is from the show This Old House we are fans and our first home was an old house that we planned to fix up. We did do a lot of work, but the older homes around us were being bought up for redevelopment, so we sold and moved out to a quieter area. We have always had 'let's and I was 68 when I joined the board.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:48 PM

Mine is not so creative. my first name with the first letter of each syllable of my last name. Works for me!
Old 09-28-2019, 05:22 PM

Nightquilter, I do just that, quilt at night while everyone else is asleep.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:55 PM

I think mine is pretty self-explanatory. My mother's name was Audrey. She was the one who first tried to teach me to sew, although I didn't take to it very well. I was more interested in hand sewing. Mom died 42 years ago, 3 days before her 52nd birthday. But I will always feel like I am Aud's girl.

Leslie
Old 09-29-2019, 04:02 AM

Thanks for everyone that responded. I have so enjoyed reading these. Its like getting to know a little bit more of your lives and who you are. It really doesn't matter where the name come, its you and that is what counts.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:16 AM

I am KenmoreGal2 because I only own Kenmores. My primary machine was my Mom's. I FMQ on it's cousin, another Kenmore built the previous year. I have a 3rd working Kenmore portable which I don't use much and a spare machine just like my Mom's. I keep that "just in case". The name "KenmoreGal" was taken when I signed up so I added a "2".
Old 09-29-2019, 04:36 AM

Mine is from my Mini Cooper S. When I bought it, my parents in stereo, said, "Oh, a Coopah." It was funny, because they were always so serious about things. So that name just seemed like a good one to use.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-29-2019 at 05:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 09-29-2019, 06:39 AM

Mine is the name I use at restaurants or anywhere I need to give my name to a stranger. My name is Mecca and can be hard for folks to spell or pronounce. Mostly because they can't believe that is what they are hearing. When I was growing up in southern California in the 60s and 70s it was just considered unique. Now strangers can be judgmental sad to say.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
I wanted to keep my maiden name when I married and didn't think my husband would be happy with my decision. So when I can, I combine the initials from my first name, middle name, maiden name and married name. Added quilt because that is what I do.
I wanted to keep my name and my husband said, do as you like, it is your name. So I ended up hyphenating, I used both names for 43 years and then one day I decided to drop mine and use just his. Not sure why, it just felt like it was time. (I joked with my friends that I decided the marriage would work. )

I was surprised by how happy it made my husband for me to use just his name.