Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Advice on buying one of those new thin lightboxes, please >

Advice on buying one of those new thin lightboxes, please

Advice on buying one of those new thin lightboxes, please

Old 10-21-2019, 03:08 AM

I purchased the same one as osewfast did and love it.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:08 AM

Just so happens I just ordered one from Amazon...Plugged it in once and when I went to use again hr later it wouldn't turn on. Faulty wire I guess. So bk it went. Honestly I wasn't thrilled with it and will buy another reg sized Light box where I got my other "Michaels". It's pricey at 64.00 but I have a 50 off coupon to use Today...The reason I need another is we have a second hse we go to every mth and I don't want to drag bk/forth.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have the thin large one. It was from Amazon on a Prime day deal. It was under $15. It's nice but has to be charged or plugged in. That is a hassle for the most part. I use the Crayola one the most. It's really all I need. No cords or charges and the perfect size for a 8 x 11 1/2 paper. I haven't changed the batteries in it since I've had it. Worth having a back up. I heard they were being discontinued.
That is why I purchased a couple extras when I bought mine. I was afraid they would stop making them.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:42 AM

Default I bought one

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I would like to hear from those of you who have purchased one of the new thin led light boxes, what you like and dislike, where you bought it, how much it cost, would you buy the same one if you had to do it over, etc. Thanks in advance!
I got one from Amazon for full price!!! (Didn't know about those great sales!) I paid about $100 for mine. I consider it a luxury, since you can certainly find others much cheaper, but I love it and am glad I got it. 3 different light settings that really help when the template is very light.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vivoaks View Post
I got one from Amazon for full price!!! (Didn't know about those great sales!) I paid about $100 for mine. I consider it a luxury, since you can certainly find others much cheaper, but I love it and am glad I got it. 3 different light settings that really help when the template is very light.

I don't mind paying full price when it's something that I use and it does a great job and I need it now. I find enough bargains on other items so it equals out.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:18 AM

I bought the A2 size (I believe it is 18x24) and love it! Well worth the $79. Large enough for most applique pieces (you don't need to do them in sections and piece pattern together). Bright, lightweight and easy to store. Go as LARGE as you can. You may find the A4 is a bit too small for what you want to do. JMHO
Old 10-21-2019, 09:47 PM

Thanks, everyone. I was hoping to find one that can be used plugged in or with battery, but so far the only one I found like that was the Cutter Pillar one, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on one. I was also interested in having a long electrical cord, not a short one like some electronics have these days. So I am still undecided....
Old 12-06-2019, 11:33 AM

Just in case anybody is still “on the fence” about the Cutterpillar Glow... today is the last day of their 40% off sale. Order from their website using the code 40%offall. I ordered the big one - Cutterpillar Glow Ultra which i am waiting for UPS to deliver today! Yes, you do need to pay shipping and handling - but the savings are still substantial! Today i decided that i saved so much that i would go ahead and order the glass mat and a replacement cutting mat since today is the last dat of the sale!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:58 PM

I have an Artograph. I received it a couple of years ago for Christmas. I choose this model for the cool blue light and ability to shine through 300LB paper. I originally purchased it for needlepoint but I’ll probably use it more for patterns.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-07-2019 at 04:13 AM. Reason: delete invalid link