Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle Threader for Sewing Machine >

Needle Threader for Sewing Machine

Needle Threader for Sewing Machine

Old 11-22-2019, 08:26 AM

Default Needle Threader for Sewing Machine

Does anyone have any experience to share with needle threaders for a sewing machine? I searched the thread topics and couldn't find anything on threaders to use with a sewing machine. Maybe this is a dumb question..... Perhaps you use the same threaders used for hand sewing, just remove the needle from the machine first? Seems that the machine needles would be much thicker and not work. Thanks!
Old 11-22-2019, 08:34 AM

We actually had one fairly recently but were mostly discussing Long arms,
Long arm solutions for vision impaired?

I really love the hummingbird threader we mention there for the machine needles (yes, leave the needle in the machine!).
Old 11-22-2019, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

​I watched a YouTube video of a lady using a little blue one. It had one end for inserting your needle and the other end threaded the sewing machine needle and had a little hook for pulling the thread loop out after threading. I think the name was, the super easy machine needle threader.

Last edited by Tartan; 11-22-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:43 PM

The hummingbird threader works for sewing machines. I leave the needle in when threading it.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:11 PM

I have a Dritz Machine Needle Inserter Threader for my longarm - it works great. But most of the time I just use old fashion Bees Wax - I run the thread through the Bees Wax several times then snip the thread at an angle. It then is easy to thread the needle with it.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:12 PM

Default Great gadget!

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​I watched a YouTube video of a lady using a little blue one. It had one end for inserting your needle and the other end threaded the sewing machine needle and had a little hook for pulling the thread loop out after threading. I think the name was, the super easy machine needle threader.
I use (and gift) this nifty little item a lot. There is one available at each and every machine. It is available at https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/ and is Item Number 7772 Needle Threader, Perfect Sew. They're quite inexpensive.

But don't forget this easy peasy help in threading sewing machine needles as well. Keep a plain white index card piece about 1" x 2" near your machine. Prop it up behind the sewing machine needle so that you can see the hole clearly and I believe you'll find threading ever so much easier. I regularly use either or both of these methods.

Happy sewing!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-23-2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 11-23-2019, 04:03 AM

I just use a plain old regular threader to thread my machine. Leave the needle in the machine. My machine is supposed to have a threader but I've never found it easy to use so just use a regular threader when I'm having difficulties.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:36 AM

I have an automatic threader on my machine but it never seems to work correctly so I just get the thread thru the eye of the needle and use a pair of tweezers to pull it through. I would think that taking the needle completely out would really be time consuming.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:07 AM

Yes, I read a few post on bees wax. Various conclusions. I found an old bees wax lip gloss I had and it works great for both my machine and hard sewing needles! Think I might try the Perfect Sew one, though. Dritz did not work for me.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:37 AM

I just ordered two of the Needle Threaders Perfect Sew...one for each of my main sewing machines.