Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does Your Bed Quilt Creep Away at Night? >

Does Your Bed Quilt Creep Away at Night?

Does Your Bed Quilt Creep Away at Night?

Old 12-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

I am a restless sleepers so if I get through the night with any covers, it’s a win. I make my bed every morning.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:46 PM

I used flannel for backing on bed quilt and have no problem with sliding off or creeping which I do experience with a quilt without a flannel backing. I have a friend who only uses flannel for backing because of the ability to stay put and she thinks flannel makes quilts more snuggly. I am planning on using flannel more often for backing.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:42 PM

I have had the same difficulty. I sleep in a bed by myself and it's close to the wall. I stuff pillows between the bed and the wall and they hold the quilt tucked in for more than a week. I use pillow all the way down the wall so that all of the quilt/blankets is next to a pillow. I also tuck the quilt down into between the pillows and wall. I don't know what you'd do if you shared a bed with your husband. Maybe, like someone suggested, stuff pillows between blankets and foot board.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I am a restless sleepers so if I get through the night with any covers, it’s a win. I make my bed every morning.
Yes, that is a big problem. I have restless leg syndrome. If I have a night with lots of leg activity, the bed looks like a platoon of soldiers marched through in the night!
Old 01-18-2020, 05:25 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
I used flannel for backing on bed quilt and have no problem with sliding off or creeping...........I am planning on using flannel more often for backing.
I've been thinking about that, too. As it's getting harder to maneuver large quilts for FMG, and takes me so long to handquilt, I was thinking of tying one with a flannel backing instead.
But I am a bit concerned because I find I have been sleeping so sweaty down my legs and around my neck no matter how much I turn the temperature down. I sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees and a smallish rice/lentil-stuffed bolster pillow at my back. My sheets and mattress pad are 100% cotton; my one quilt is cotton with a wool batting. I do find the quilt has shifted overnight, though rarely off the bed.

Jan in VA
Old 01-18-2020, 07:42 PM

Default Creepy quilt

My quilts does the same thing it even has flannel on the back. I love flannel on the back of my winter quilts. I make queen size quilts for my bed oversized a little, but I make them like 94"x108 to 110 ". So their wider and long so my cover isn't robbed from me at night. That won't help the creepiest, but will be wider and longer always.One more thing about creepiest, I do have 3 quilts at one time on my bed. One other thing years ago, I went to a store that recovers furniture. They sold foam rubber, I had one cut the width of my bed and height I needed.. Covered it pad with fabric that would go with my bedroom. I put between my matteres and bed frame. It really helped with quilt sliding to bottom of bed. I use it all the time never make my bed without it. All I need to do now is recover the pad again with something else.

Last edited by lsimp123; 01-18-2020 at 08:01 PM.