Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 01-01-2020, 06:07 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Happy New Year, everyone! This year, I would like to accomplish two or three organizarional goals.
1). Keep up my project planner, and continue to kit up quilts as I oick out pattern and fabrics for each.
2) Make an inventory of what is where in each house. Just before we left NC, 8 found a very useful cache of backing sized fabrics, which I had totally forgotten.
3]. Try to find a better way to store rulers.
If those are solved, find something to store my scrap bins in.

Last edited by Krisb; 01-01-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:40 PM

Thanks Rob for starting this year's thread.

Non-sewing day for me too. I did put away my Christmas decorations and folded clothes. I guess that's organization.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:47 PM

Thank you for the new thread Rob. Happy New Year to you and all the rest of you. I really need to cut up some scraps from the last project I completed. I walked into my studio and turned around and walked out. Guess I need to find some inspiration to get going again!
Old 01-01-2020, 11:28 PM

Default Sorting thru charms

Today I’m going to be putting the charms I’ve purchased in the last month with the pattern I’ve printed n will get to sewing in the morning after I check the board that is. My youngest was home over the holiday n helped straighten up my studio. So I’m fired up n ready machine all threaded n cleaned off. Off to bed to get some zzzz’s
Old 01-02-2020, 04:30 AM

Yes Rob, thank you. This is one of my favorite threads to follow. It is hard to believe we’re into a new decade and that I’ve been a member of this board going on ten years...where does the time go.

New Year’s Day has always lent itself to tidying my sewing space but since I had planned to participate in the Merry Mayhem mystery, I actually started a couple of days early. So far, I have gone through my FQs and 1/2 yard cuts and put them in order by color and made a pile to donate of the fabrics I know I won’t use. I have also written out my list of quilting/sewing goals for 2020 and yesterday, before the Mayhem mystery started, I did a thorough vacuum and dusting of my sewing room. I can’t wait to read about everyone’s successes and ideas in the coming year.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

I had previously brought scraps to my FL condo and went back north in May leaving them all here. When packing to come back at Christmas, I'd forgotten how much I'd left here and brought more... Wouldn't want to run out of things to do LOL Wellllll, turns out I could stay here for years and not run out of things to sew with LOL Yesterday I set up the sewing machine on a table another quilter was getting rid of. Then I started sorting the scraps to iron and be able to cut on the Accuquilt GO. Here is the before pic;
Attached Thumbnails 20200101-fl-sewing-space-1mb.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-03-2020 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:30 AM

Wow! Good luck!
Old 01-02-2020, 05:33 AM

My goal is to finally get everything off the floor in my sewing room. I have already destashed and reorganized all my cuts of fabric larger than a fat quarter and they are all folded and nice on the shelves. I found a place downstairs for the AccuQuilt and the dies (and cleaned up and organized the laundry room.) I have put most WIPs in their own box. I also made a list of WIPs as I find them! I still need to organize the FQs - and I have no idea where I will put them as the shelves are pretty full. I guess there are worse problems!!
Old 01-02-2020, 05:47 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Happy New Year Everyone! Today we are closing out the 2019 thread and starting the new year with our new thread. Who is as surprised as me that it’s already 2020?

For newbies to this thread: jump right in with any organization tips you want to share, feel free to post pictures of your organization projects, offer supportive comments, etc. We’re a friendly bunch.

Today My organization goal is simple- I’m going to find 5 books that I am willing to part with and will donate them to the little free library across the street.

What are you organizing today?

Rob
I have started sorting my 10 inch, 5 inch, and 2 1/2 inch scrap cuts by color per Bonnie Hunter's advice.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:50 AM

Happy New year and now the 9th day of Christmas. A good day to start organizing the Grace Frame in the other room and figure out what I am doing wrong right now. I must get that room organized within the next few days. Things are getting out of control. I am not even sure how this has happened??? I have already started on things this morning and have been making great progress. I will get it organized in the next couple days and then again tackle the sewing studio.