Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 01-07-2021, 04:43 PM

I slipped away from my teaching planning for a while to cut 2.5 strips and to chat with my brother who surprised me with a visit. (He lives about a mile away and walks over for a visit, a cup of tea and maybe a little treat). So perhaps I can sneak in a little sewing over the week-end. I did make some 2.5 blocks in purples during my quilt groups Zoom meeting this afternoon. I am amazed at how much I have cut and how full my bin remains. Oh well, I will cut more after I get more blocks sewn. I started with my little baggie of birthday squares. Perhaps you will see your contributions to my Birthday Treats in my next quilt.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:08 AM

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

Well a new year brings a new Birthday Swap, so this is the time to start to think if you are planning on join the swap for next year. With that being said, I will be stepping down for the hostess position and WMUTeach will be taking over in my place. Last few years have been very difficult for me (husband losing his job, us losing our house and now me working full time), I LOVE my new job so I feel very fortunate, but I am on the computer ALL day long so getting on the computer when I get home is not exactly what I want to do.

I have not had any time to quilt so I am hoping that I will free up some time to do so. I do plan on continuing on in the swaps so I am going no where!

As you have noticed WMUTeach has been very present on the birthday swap thread so she will do a great job. She has told me some of t he things she has planned and I am looking forward to joining in the fun!

So pay attention for messages from WMUTeach for when she opens up sign up for the new year.

NEWS for this year:

We still have 1 birthday in January and 3 birthdays in February, I will be sending out the address probably next weekend.

Thanks to all of you for making this one of my favorite things! I wish I had more time to give to all of you and make this as much fun as it was before.

Barb
Old 01-09-2021, 11:37 AM

How about a contest????

Okay let's see how much you all know about the QuiltingBoard site!

You can find ALL the answers some place on the QuiltingBoard, but not necessarily on my page.

When you get the answers send me your answers to my PM box. Do not place them on here. Deadline will be 9 pm est Sunday night. I will draw from the winners and send you a prize!

Here you go:

1) What is the first name on the QuiltingBoard's member list ?

2) Who started the thread....Pony Club Thread 3?

3) Aborning's birthday is on January 14 how many other people on the QuiltingBoard celebrate their birthday the same day?

4) What day did I official start this thread for the 20/21 Birthday Swap?

5) There are 38 other quilters on the QuiltingBoard that share a birthday with me...name one.

Good luck. Have fun!

Barb

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 01-09-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:08 PM

Good Contest! Go for it Swappers! See who gets the prize!
Old 01-10-2021, 06:38 PM

Well we have a winner ....Gaijin. Your prize will be in the mail..

thanks for playing.

I will try and get one more contest in before this years swap is over so stay tuned.

Barb
Old 01-11-2021, 12:23 PM

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:03 PM

I have not forgotten about you all. I lead a very busy life and don;t sit on the computer much. My fin birthday packages continue to come in the mail.

Received in December:

- Patrick's mom
- Darren Jones
- LAF2019
January 4:
- Macy Baby
- djmat
- Mary Pearce
- Irish Mom
- Gaijin
- Lottie Parker
January 5:
- Traveling Gramma
January 8:
- Janice McC
January 11:
- Wendy McDonnell
- LuAnne Mann
- LUM
I'm looking forward to receiving the rest this week.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the update, Aborning! Was just wondering if mine had arrived. Nope, but it takes a long time for snails to deliver mail through the ice and snow .
Old 01-12-2021, 01:38 PM

Aborning, I mailed your birthday package out this morning. Sorry I'm cutting it close with the timing!
Old 01-14-2021, 05:47 AM

Happy Birthday, Aborning! Have a wonderful day!