Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 02-20-2020, 03:15 AM

Jaba, thank for the invite. It would be so fun to meet and bring a bright spot to all this. Unfortunately we're landing in Orlando at the Sanford airport, and then heading north to Ocala, so we'll be heading in the other direction from Lakeland.

I'm a bit disappointing in the FL weather forecast for the weekend. We're suppose to have highs in the upper 40's to 50's here in SD, and it's not suppose to be a whole lot warmer for where we'll be in Florida!
Old 02-20-2020, 05:46 AM

Jaba, sorry to hear you’ve to have another surgery but praying this will take care of all the problems

Macy so sorry about your FIL, have a safe trip.

Minus 6 degrees here this morning. Good day to stay in an sew.

I washed more fabrics yesterday trying to decide which one to use for the boom.. It’s unreal how much some of the fabric frayed compared to others.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:42 AM

Marija, Check your email please!

missgigglewings, need to hear back from you. Please check your email.

Macybaby, safe travels on your trip. I’m sorry it’s for a sad reason. Am thinking about you and your FIL.

Jaba, as always, you’re in my thoughts.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:04 AM

Jaba, so sorry to hear about your additional surgery. I hope everything turns out okay for you. You will be in my thoughts.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:27 PM

Default Group List - off we go!

Here's the list of Boom 24 members....(newbies are marked with an asterisk)...Welcome everyone!!!!

annt59
bibliostone
Bugaroo*
Christyj80590*
hav4boys
juliasb
klaws
lum
Macybaby
marcialee
Marija
missgigglewings*
Mona G
mjpEncinitas
Queenbarbiej
QuiltingLawyer*
sewbizgirl
SuziSew
terriamn
Travelinggramma

We have 4 newbies to the Boom so let's help them if questions come up. Soon I'll send out an email with my contact info, dates and details. Once you get that, you can start shipping your f8s to me. They are all due in my hands on Thursday, March 5. Please make sure all your packages include your clear and concise color requests, if any, and that your name is prominently displayed. Please put your full name and address on the larger ziplock into which the small packages are put. Cost for each of my two shippings to you is $8.40, $16.80 total, so please don't forget to send that along too. Anyone with questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If you have a question, it's likely someone else has the same one.

Let's just use this thread for the remainder of the swap so you might consider bookmarking it to make it easy to return to. Remember that it's your responsibility to keep up with the postings on this thread and to post at least once a week so we know you are alive and well and still with the group. No disappearing please!

OK, I'm off to work on the email. I'll send it along soon.

Time to start playing!

Old 02-20-2020, 04:12 PM

Smile

Yea, I'm in for group three. Have to decide on which fabric to use!!!
Old 02-20-2020, 04:43 PM

It is so good to see 4 newbies, since I was one in the last swap. It is so much fun! I am ready to tag my bags and get the addy where to send to. They will go out as soon ans that information is made available to us.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:49 PM

Newbie here! Question, do we make up 19 baggies or 23 (24 - our-self)?
Old 02-20-2020, 04:56 PM

I just found out today that I will be having gall bladder surgery on March 10. This should not interfere with my block making. I may be out for a week or 2 but that is all. It is not going to keep me down. I will start making my blocks as soon as I get the a;; clear from the doctor to sit at a sewing machine. I know that this should not be to big of a deal but I have not had the best luck with abdominal surgery in the past because if my bleeding disorder and have the serious scar to prove that something minor can go very wrong. I should be able to stay right on schedule for the 3 month group. I just won't have them finished as quickly as I did last time.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:37 PM

You’ll need 19 baggies. One for each person you are trading with. You don’t need to make one for yourself unless you want to.
Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post
Newbie here! Question, do we make up 19 baggies or 23 (24 - our-self)?