Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
changing size of font? >

changing size of font?

changing size of font?

Old 03-11-2020, 08:38 PM

Exclamation changing size of font?

I can not find how to increase the size of font. I'm struggling to read the replys/posts on this forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA, Jennifer
Old 03-12-2020, 01:23 AM

If you use Chrome in the top right hand side of the screen there are three dots next to the grey circle. and directly under the x. If you left click on them about mid-way down there is and increase font line you can click on.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:30 AM

Sorry about the typos in the last post. Walking and chewing gum has never been my strength and I was concentrating on attempting to give fool proof directions without using teckie terms. Now for the good news -- I backed out to my start up google page and then came back into this forum and the change held.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:35 AM

I'm guessing you are using a home computer. If so, you can use the CTRL and the + keys to enlarge the font. According to Questions and Complaints About the New Format Are Collected Here on the Mac you can use the Command key. If you hold the CTRL key down and keep hitting the + key it will keep enlarging the font. If you go past the size you want, you can use the - key. I have used this for a while, but one caveat would be that by doing this is that you have to use the scroll bar to see the right side of the page.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:10 AM

Another way to easily change font sizes is to hold down control and then use the wheel in the middle of your mouse (if it has one and most do).

I have vision issues and a large screen and most websites I use around 110-130% size.

For light on dark text (which I have particular problems with) you can usually click and drag/highlight the area you need to see better. I used to use that a lot back in the early days of the net when a lot of websites had type was that acid green or bright blue on black.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:37 PM

Thank you all! I appreciate your help!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:29 AM
mim

Default thanks

Thank you Iceblossom -- My DH is always trying to change size and gets frustrated when it isn't "quite right" This is so easy to do
Thanks

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Another way to easily change font sizes is to hold down control and then use the wheel in the middle of your mouse (if it has one and most do).

I have vision issues and a large screen and most websites I use around 110-130% size.

For light on dark text (which I have particular problems with) you can usually click and drag/highlight the area you need to see better. I used to use that a lot back in the early days of the net when a lot of websites had type was that acid green or bright blue on black.