Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
creative isolation recipes >

creative isolation recipes

creative isolation recipes

Old 05-13-2020, 11:17 AM

Ok, on the low carb side of thing, this is probably just above library paste in terms of "things I shouldn't eat" but so much better.

The hubby can't resist a bargain, even when it isn't so much. He had coupons from Safeway for free donuts and came home with a box so stale I couldn't even dunk them into coffee.

So when in doubt, add more fat and more sugar! Turning those donuts into bread pudding as I type here. If you are a regular watcher of Chopped you are aware there are basically 4 desserts: Bread Pudding, Napoleons/stacked custards, French Toast, and Ice Cream...

Just made a simple custard (1 cup milk to 1 egg, I needed two of each), along with just two packets of sugar, a bunch of nutmeg and some vanilla, poured it over the broken apart stale donuts and Is now in the oven. This is tremendous if you ever find mark down cinnamon rolls or pull aparts. If you are starting with pastries, be careful of how much sugar (and salt) you add to the custard if following a regular recipe.

I also buy the little single serve raisin boxes because that's a good portion size for me, sprinkled about half of one of those over it as well.