Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our first virtual guild meeting >

Our first virtual guild meeting

Our first virtual guild meeting

Old 04-26-2020, 02:40 AM

Default Our first virtual guild meeting

Have any of you attended a virtual guild meeting? If so, how did it go?
Old 04-26-2020, 03:51 AM

Our guild hasn't had a virtual meeting, but my sewing buddies and I have had 2 Zoom meetings. We meet on Tuesday which is our usual sew day. It's really nice to see the other ladies "in person" rather than just a voice on a telephone.
We have a laugh when a pet shows up onscreen!
Old 04-26-2020, 06:21 AM

My sewing bee has a Zoom meeting every Monday. It's been nice to see everyone and learn how they spent the week. My guild hasn't had a Zoom meeting or other type of virtual meeting, there are about 200 ladies in our guild and it would be a rather large gathering. We have about 100 ladies attend our monthly meeting when it's able to meet.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:00 AM

No, but it sounds like something doable for our small guild. I will have to put a good deal of thought and put it out to our president and other officers. This could be a lot of fun.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

My guild has a Facebook page and we have Show and Tell there. It's fun and keeps us connected without a schedule.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:48 AM

My sewing buddies and I go Zooming every week. There are definitely some etiquette guidelines to follow to make it a pleasant experience for everyone, but I really enjoy the meetings. It's so nice to be able to visit with my girlfriends, especially since I'm in a house with 3 grown men and no other females.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:58 AM

Never have done that as I am not real smart with technology. My group of 6 ladies that used to meet at my house every Monday are just too afraid to come out so we connect by text or e-mail. I miss those days as that was my fun social time. Maybe some time soon we can get together for sewing and laughter again. Just want everyone to stay safe and healthy at this time.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:13 PM

have done Zoom with my quilting buddies, who are also in my one guild. But our president is hesitant on a full guild zoom as we are a large guild and worry that it would be very chaotic. But she is doing both a FB and an emailed video of a "virtual guild meeting" that has been well received and is requesting photos to be posted this weekend for our virtual retreat (our retreat for this weekend had to be canceled). Helps many of us stay in touch--unfortunately some of our members are not as digitally connected. One thing I'm trying to do and suggest others do is to actually make a real phone call to anyone that you know that lives alone--it's a very lonely place to be right now!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:06 AM

Thanks for your comments about meeting virtually. I will do a follow up on how our first virtual guild meeting goes.

We will be meeting tonight on our regularly scheduled meeting time. We have the option to call in with a landline, or use a smart phone, tablet or laptop. The President will be the only one allowed to speak. Comments or ?'s will be addressed when the Pres. chooses to read them. There will be a message or chat box that members type their comments/questions at any time they wish.

Our guild has a Facebook page, but only half the members have joined it.

Old 04-27-2020, 04:15 AM

Yes! My guild started the first week-end of April. That was supposed to be our spring retreat. We Zoomed for two hour segments 3 times each day. It was such fun that we are continuing to meet each Tuesday and Thursday from 1 - 4. We chat, we sew, we problem solve, we whine and we do show and tell of what we are working on and there are lots of laughs. A few, about 5/6, are regulars but there are lots of others that just check in when they can working around family and "work from home" responsibilities. It works very well. Highly recommend it. It is fun to just all be together for a couple of hours and zoom is easy. BTW, use the "waiting room" and the host must allow us into the meeting. No, Zoom bombing for us!