Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Farm Girl 2 quilt patterns >

Farm Girl 2 quilt patterns

Farm Girl 2 quilt patterns

Old 05-02-2020, 03:09 PM

Smile Farm Girl 2 quilt patterns

Have any of you gotten or have made any of Lori Holt's Farm Girl quilts? I was trying to order the Farm Girl 2 patterns. They look a little hard. Let me know please.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:07 PM

I have made almost all of farm girl blocks … I have the farm girl vintage book but haven't started the blocks … they are not difficult … Lori Holt's directions are simple and clear … if you are unsure … start with the 12" blocks … the 6" blocks are more difficult because of the size of the pieces. I had so much fun with the farm girl blocks I have enough for probably 2 quilts! Just start (maybe with scraps for a practice block) Have fun!

Last edited by stillvnu; 05-02-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:43 PM

I just bought her kit Quilters Cottage supposed arrive either in May or June. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Old 05-03-2020, 03:26 AM

I have made the Farm Girl Vintage quilt, 3 times. Love it. The only thing that gets hard is little flippy corners. I would recommend a fine sewing thread so the "fold" is more accurate. I am not a precise sewer so I adapted several times to make certain blocks easier.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:10 AM

I have made FG Vintage 2 quilt that is on the cover of the book. 20 12" blocks and 30 6" blocks. Here are my suggestions:
starch the fabric before cutting. Instead of pinning the "little flippy corners" I used a couple of tiny dots of Elmer's School glue to hold it in place before sewing. The glued corner is then cut off after stitching. Make sure each section is square before proceeding on with the construction. Have fun, don't stress. It will all work out.
There is a print out sheet for the quilt I made on Lori Holt's website that gives a list of the blocks in this quilt. Makes it easier to keep track. I had joined the Farm Girl Fridays group to make this quilt. 2 blocks a week, started in November ended in April.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:18 AM
LRM

I have made a quilt from the first book - and currently working on a second one. I love this book and think the quilt patterns are so much fun! The instructions are clear. I love how the book is organized with all the blocks first and then lots of ideas for different quilt settings. I thought the directions were easy to follow. The "sew and flip" method took a little practice, but it's not hard to get the hang of.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:11 AM

I have made blocks from her first book and she gives very good instructions.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

I find all Lori’s patterns easy to follow and cute results.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:58 PM

I have made a quilt from her first Farm Girl book and one from her Vintage Christmas book. Both are the sampler version , 6 inch blocks. I love how both of them turned out. For me, it took a while to get used to the way the instructions were written. Nothing wrong with the instructions at all, but presented in a different way than I was used to. Just go carefully, step by step. Starching the fabric is a good idea. I also recommend that you press the seams open. The blocks will fit together better and lay flatter. Use a shorter stitch length if you are pressing seams open. Both of mine were done as block of the month projects from my LQS. This worked out so well. I would have never had the variety of cute fabrics that they provided. The pattern books were purchased separately. Hope you go for it. I can't say it is easy but worth the effort!
Old 05-03-2020, 05:34 PM

Thank you all so much for your response. I hope to get my book this week. I was kinda afraid that it might be too hard. Thanks you all are the best people.