Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello From Washington >

Hello From Washington

Hello From Washington

Old 05-24-2020, 09:56 AM

Default Hello From Washington

Glad to find a quilting board! 10 years ago I used to have an Etsy shop selling baby quilts and things but our family became too busy for me to focus on that. Funny thing about this quarantine, now that I'm not shuttling kids all hours of the day, I'm picking up quilting again I signed up for a BOM club that doesn't start till November (Bonnie and Camille's new book/quilt sampler) and I'm looking around for other fun things to do. I also love gardening. In Washington it's not difficult to keep things green I love strolling through nurseries with my husband! I also have a business as a photo organizer (digital and physical photos/slides) which grew out of being the family genealogists. It's a rare person who doesn't have boxes and boxes of photos that they desperately want to digitize and organize lol
Old 05-24-2020, 10:00 AM

welcome to the board Amy!
Old 05-24-2020, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada
Old 05-24-2020, 11:34 AM

Welcome! My "near Seattle" is Renton, near the Seahawks facility.

I had a few bad health years when I had to let some things go and now have to restablish the gardens around my house. I'm about to buy 3-5 cubic yards of dirt to finish filling in a rock retaining wall, and then I'll be able to move some currently shaded plants into the shade and all that sort of thing. Going to be spending some close personal time this summer with a shovel...

Old 05-24-2020, 01:52 PM

Iceblossom- Hello! I'm down in Olympia myself. I'm glad you are able to get out into the garden again! I think gardening is so satisfying. I'm trying some new things in my vegetable garden this year which makes it extra fun. I've never grown potatoes before and decided to give it a go in a half-barrel container. I can't believe how big the foliage is already!
Old 05-24-2020, 03:38 PM

Welcome from Southern Indiana...!
Old 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM

Welcome from South Louisiana!
Old 05-24-2020, 04:04 PM

Potatoes on our side of the mountains require plenty of drainage if in containers but can still easily be done. We have such a kind and gentle climate so many things grow easily and well.

My yard is hotter and sunnier than the average Seattle yard, it's a good yard for roses but they are too fussy for me. I had a gorgeous repeat blooming scented climber that was aphid and black spot resistant, but the hubby really disliked it, and gone now is the picket fence with the roses and in it's place is that rockery that needs more dirt.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Welcome and happy quilting
Old 05-24-2020, 07:37 PM

Welcome to the Board, Amy, from Minnesota. You sound as though you have a very interesting life.

Leslie