Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I either have a very short memory or I must really have liked 'them'!! >

I either have a very short memory or I must really have liked 'them'!!

I either have a very short memory or I must really have liked 'them'!!

Old 06-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Default I either have a very short memory or I must really have liked 'them'!!

During this 'stay home stay safe' time, I have been trying to clean up some stuff in my sewing room. I unearthed a smallish tote that had 'Baby panels' written on the side. Inside were several different panels and two each of a couple. Strangely enough, I had just added bprders to, and donated two each of those exact same panels! Oh dear...what am I going to discover I have forgotten about next?
Old 06-08-2020, 04:19 PM

oh dear sounds like some thing I do all the time, like buy 2 or 3 copy's of a book.CD or DVD, or quilt panels
Old 06-08-2020, 04:21 PM

Well at least you remembered that!

Panels are fun. You have so many options to make a different look from the duplicates.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Me too! I always wonder " what was I thinking?" I have a feeling I wasn't. lol
Old 06-08-2020, 04:39 PM

had to laugh! probably not your memory playing tricks--I'm guessing you ran into a huge sale and figured that you'd buy a bunch in order to always have a baby quilt available--OR maybe you were planning on doing that hexified panel pattern where you need 5-6 of a panel to cut up like a "stack n' whack"??
Old 06-09-2020, 03:13 AM

Fabric and books not so much, but I also do crocheting and last week I found another 6 skeins of off-white cotton yarn. Looks like I'm gonna have a whole bunch of wash cloths
Old 06-09-2020, 06:00 AM

I do that when I see a pattern I like. I buy it and come home to see that I already have that pattern. Obviously, I really liked that pattern. I also find fabrics sometime while rummaging through stash that I have no memory of buying! Scary isn't it??
Old 06-09-2020, 06:07 AM

It's the things in boxes that I completely forget about. There are standards for housekeeping like if you haven't been in a box in two years, just throw it out because obviously you don't need anything in there. Easier said than done for some of us! I have learned to simply write on the outside of the box. Yes, there is a use for thinking on the outside of the box

I have an amazing memory and recall about what fabric I have, but when I go through it, I'm constantly surprised by something that I have forgotten/has not been on the forefront of my thinking or found while I was looking for something else.

I do have a friend who periodically buys the same fabric more than once -- and with the same amount of enthusiasm each time!

My memory nemesis is for putting things in a safe place and them completely utterly erasing from my mind where that place may be... Sometimes it takes years to find something.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

LOL I was sorting through my Go dies last week and discovered I had duplicates of some of the dies still in the packages.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:21 AM

Beem there, done that. WHile my house was up for sale I had packed up my sewing room to declutter as they say to do. Got bored while waiting so bought a cheap sewing machine, some fabrics and made my 1st logcabin quilt. Bought this world design fabric in blue, really liked it too. When I went to unpack my boxes 4 years later, yes it took 3 yrs to sale as I put it up on the market during the 2008 slump. Then took another year to find a house in another state, fix it up and then start unpacking. Found I had bought this blue world fabric before and the 2nd time I had bought whatever was left on the bolt so had quite a bit. Still have a lttle left and used some of it in a new laptop quilt I'm making myself for the recliner. Must have really liked it to purchase it twice back then.