Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flannel backed vinyl fabric >

Flannel backed vinyl fabric

Flannel backed vinyl fabric

Old 06-20-2020, 04:59 AM

Well I did find some fabric..... I found an auto upholstery shop and stopped in.... they have what I'm looking for, but maybe not black....grey, red, other colors, but flannel backed vinyl top material. $40/yd for 60"x36" .... seems a bit steep, but that's one source. Gonna check some body shops next week. And am still keeping an eye out for other upholstery shops in Lansing....there's gotta be another!!
I made couple of shooting rest bags and went to my buddy's to show him. We talked and he brought out a cover I had made for him a long time ago for our Sportsters. Well I did not make them, had someone sew them for me. But he gave this back, which gives me ideas of what and/or how to make a larger one for our newer bikes. So I'm moving forward a bit at a time....
And I told y'all I'd have some strange stuff to discuss on a quilting forum!!!
Old 06-20-2020, 05:50 AM

I wonder if this would work for your application? https://www.joann.com/artic-vinyl-54...k/3526274.html With the cold crack rating and UV testing, I think it might work. Years ago, I made some vinyl tire covers for an RV and it had a woven cloth backing. I think I also have some scraps that have a kind of thin batting backing, that I made a calculator cover with. It seems the calculator cover was a thinner vinyl than the tire covers.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)