Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 185J - odd cover and base? >

Singer 185J - odd cover and base?

Singer 185J - odd cover and base?

Old 07-29-2020, 09:19 AM

Hello Grandma'sgirl and welcome to the board You could say howdy on the "Introduce yourself" forum if you want.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:26 AM

what a lovely machine and case!
Old 07-29-2020, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the invite to post on the “Introduce yourself” forum, leonf. I am trying to figure out how to add a photo underneath and then I shall introduce myself. One of my kids has offered to help me. Needless to say, I am a bit tech challenged. I have been thrilled to find an online community of quilters and can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner.
When I saw LoisM’s twin to my machine, I just had to tell her. I think that you have great taste, LoisM!
Old 07-29-2020, 04:04 PM

Welcome, Grandma’sgirl.

Pictures can be problematic - my "stock reply" is:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "reply" button works to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.

Additionally, when I have tried to "insert" pictures, it will take a while even if it is just one picture, after clicking on the paperclip icon. (This is after you have hit the "Upload" button and closed that window.) You will see the "busy" icon at the top of the page or tab spinning for a while before it list the pictures that it will attach.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:16 PM

Thanks so much for your help, OurWorkbench. I am printing this out and using it! How generous of you to take the time to explain!
Old 08-02-2020, 02:46 AM

I just purchased a 185J at auction. Needed a new belt, and she’s good to go. Came in a molded green plastic case. Boy, she sure is heavy. I would post a picture of her, but technology is way beyond me, sorry. Still trying to work out her tension issues. Downloaded a manual from the internet, though, and cleaned and oiled her up real good. She sure is cute. Named her Sallie!