Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Time For Cassoulet! >

Time For Cassoulet!

Time For Cassoulet!

Old 08-11-2020, 01:49 PM

Default Time For Cassoulet!

It's still summer, but I'm feeling that twinge of fall in the air...harvest time, foggy mornings, turning leaves...time for Cassoulet. I make mine mostly vegan with vegan sausage, home-grown beans and veggies, ripe tomatoes and wine. It's heaven with a slab of homemade, seeded, whole, wheat bread. Does anyone have a favorite recipe?

~ C
Old 08-12-2020, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

I learn to make it using the classic recipe at a cooking class. I use bacon, pork, and dark meat chicken in place of duck legs as the classic recipe calls for. I assemble it the day before and bake it the next. It's delicious. I make it about once a year. The family would just as soon have stew so that's easier.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:39 AM

What is the recipe? Sounds delicious.
Kirsten
Old 08-12-2020, 03:32 PM

Oh gosh...there are so many variations of this delicious dish of meats, veggies, wine and bread crumbs on top. The classic, french version uses duck, but I've made some pretty tasty stuff using vegan foods, such as vegan sausage,or a combo of meat and non-meat ingredients. It's a little different, but it is still absolutely sumptuous. I would suggest that you look up the authentic, french version and go from there. BTW, it's better the next day.

~ C