Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
New Website to collect your recipes >

New Website to collect your recipes

New Website to collect your recipes

Old 08-29-2020, 02:57 PM
mac

Thumbs up New Website to collect your recipes

Hi All,

There is a new website called, 'Copy Me That' and it is wonderful. If you like to collect recipes like I do, then this is the website for you. I just discovered it and loaded it on my computer. I was so impressed that I bought a life-time subscription for $24.00 USD. What a bargain.

I have another popular subscription with another company and it is very expensive and after you own it they still charge you each year for something.

With COPYMETHAT, after you load the program, you add an icon to your address bar. Then when you see a recipe on the computer you want to keep, you click on the icon and it copies it into their program. You click their little box that comes up. It takes you to the recipe. You then decide what categories you want the recipe listed under, you confirm that the recipe is how you want to see it and then it is done. Easy-peasy. What can be easier? Usually I end up cutting and pasting a recipe into my Word and sometimes the recipe's website will NOT let you copy and then if you really, really want the recipe you have to either print it or type it out yourself. What a pain.

Another great thing is that it keeps track of the recipe's author, so if you want to go back at a later date and review the recipe and see what comments were made about the recipe before you make it, it will take you right to the recipe. It also lets you edit the recipe, to make your own changes and it also keeps the picture of the recipe. I really hate it when I can't see what a recipe is suppose to look like.

So, check the website out for yourself, I think that you will love it: copymethat.com Just a note: I don't have any affiliation to that website, I just thought others would like to know about it.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:42 PM

Sounds great- unfortunately it’s not available for Apple. What I do is text myself with the recipe (or whatever). Easy right now but not very organized.

I will ⎌keep a watch in case t becomes available.

Thanks for the info
Old 09-03-2020, 05:38 AM

Interesting. Right now, I just take a screenshot and file it in my, "Recipes," file.

~ C
Old 09-03-2020, 08:17 AM

Hello Mac ~
Thank you so much for pointing me to this program! I love to collect recipes but had no organization just reams of sheets of recipes. I'm trying it free for a while to see if it will work much better for me. I love the fact that I can catagorize it to my liking and that it saves the pictures!
Again, thanks for taking the time to share.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

I started forum just for me on a free website and I post all my recipes there. My family have access to it to print or read but no one posts but me. My daughter has the login for the site admin if needed. It's years old and each post is emailed to me and I archive the recipe posts in a cloud setting. Easy and fast. They will always be accessible as long as there is internet. I hand wrote all the favorite recipes and put in nice recipe box for my two daughters one year for Christmas.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:35 PM
mac

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Hello Mac ~
Thank you so much for pointing me to this program! I love to collect recipes but had no organization just reams of sheets of recipes. I'm trying it free for a while to see if it will work much better for me. I love the fact that I can catagorize it to my liking and that it saves the pictures!
Again, thanks for taking the time to share.
I was wondering if you like the 'copy me that' program? I am still using it and it has been great for me. I was wondering what you thought of it?
mac
Old 06-14-2021, 09:14 AM

Hello Mac ~ I'm using it practically every day! I like that I'm able to set the recipes in folders that make sense to me. The developers were and have been so responsive. I tried for a very short time on the free and then subscribed.

So again, I thank you over and over for posting Copy Me That. It has saved me a ton of paper copying recipes then trying to figure out the best way to find those recipes.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:21 AM
mac

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Hello Mac ~ I'm using it practically every day! I like that I'm able to set the recipes in folders that make sense to me. The developers were and have been so responsive. I tried for a very short time on the free and then subscribed.

So again, I thank you over and over for posting Copy Me That. It has saved me a ton of paper copying recipes then trying to figure out the best way to find those recipes.
I really like it, too. Did you know that you can also copy non-recipes? I just copied all the substitutes that you can use in cooking. It said that it couldn't find the recipe, but still gave me title and where it came from. Then I went back and copied the information I wanted and then edited the recipe and pasted the information in the CMT recipe. I made a tag called 'substitutions' and now I will have it for the next time I am out of something like buttermilk or heavy cream and etc. These are things that I rarely, if ever, have. The CMT program has really helped me in my collection of recipes that I find online and want to save. I bet it has saved me hours of time and lots of money in ink, not to mention having a clutter of paper around. I am not much of an organizer and this has now kept me sane. I am surprised that more people didn't read this thread and tuned into CMT. They just don't know what they are missing.
Mary Ann
Old 06-15-2021, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Interesting. Right now, I just take a screenshot and file it in my, "Recipes," file.

~ C
This is what I do. One thing you need to be aware of is that the lifetime subscription may not be for YOUR lifetime. If the website folds (and they do) your subscription is no good and you may not be able to access your recipes or whatever you have stored with them. It's happened over the years to a couple of photo sites. Just be sure you have a back up on your computer or other device.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:33 AM
mac

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
This is what I do. One thing you need to be aware of is that the lifetime subscription may not be for YOUR lifetime. If the website folds (and they do) your subscription is no good and you may not be able to access your recipes or whatever you have stored with them. It's happened over the years to a couple of photo sites. Just be sure you have a back up on your computer or other device.
Oh, good grief, that is a scary thought. Good to know.