Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 04-06-2021, 09:34 AM

Hi everyone! I got my first dose and will get the second dose on the 16th. DH got both of his, and absolutely no side effects. I too am looking forward to seeing my grands. They all have had COVID. Thank God they recovered with no apparent effects. Will fly east in June to visit them.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:12 AM

I’m glad those who responded so far were able to get their vaccines. Woo hoo! My first vaccine experience was like Irish Mom’s hubby’s. In and out of a local supermarket pharmacy in 25 minutes including wait time after. Could not have been easier. Sign-up was a breeze compared to many. Very lucky. I go back to the same pharm on Monday.

It looks like I’ll open sign-ups for Boom 26 a little earlier than I anticipated to make it work with all my goings on around here. Sunday, April 18, should be the day we start them. I’ll be out of town for a week after but I’ll have access to email most of the time so it shouldn’t be a problem to keep up with the group. We’ll try for 2 and 3 month groups as usual. Looks like F8s will be due to me by 5/17 and then we’ll get to block-making. Details will be in the sign-up post on the 18th, so be on the lookout for it. I’ll post the link here.

I’ll keep in touch!
Old 04-06-2021, 04:38 PM

I’m due my second Moderna shot at Radys children’s hospital, here in San Diego, Monday. It was a well oiled machine. And the second shot should be quicker.

we had the best news Monday. My daughter is having twins and during a recent visit the twins were 21% apart in estimated weight. All sorts of very bad things happen with a big difference in twin weight. In the visit this past Monday, very very unexpectedly, BAby A caught up with Baby B. A is 2lbs 2 oz. B is 2 lbs 4 oz. Estimated delivery got moved to to 34 weeks rather than an earlier date. A big difference.
umbilical cord flow to the babies is good. Although one baby is little higher than 90 % which is a tad too high. It’s amazing what they can measure now!

and my daughter was able to get the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine Monday. It looks like she’ll get the second dose before delivery. Since she developed gestiónal diabetes we were very relieved. It turns out the babies will get some protection from the shots too. We did the happy dance in our house Monday!

We are on call for May so if they are delivered at 34 weeks we are flying out to NE to help out with the two other kids. We are so grateful we got the vaccines in time to get on a plane safely and not bring Covid to the babies. My hope is she makes it until 36 weeks in June but that is unlikelyThe in laws are on call then.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:15 PM

MJP, happy news! I’m so pleased for you and the family.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Congrats, MJP! Double blessing! Are they boys, or girls, or one of each?

I just got home from spending a week with my little GD Ivy. I was there for Easter and her second birthday. She is so much fun now that she is really talking, and not just her own language! I miss her already. My daughter and I were dancing with her to some fun music, and we tried changing the moves over and over. She caught right on and followed us perfectly. Kids seem so smart these days.

Nice to hear the Boom timeline has been moved up. I'll start looking for fabric. I was so pleased with what everyone did with my last fabric... the 30's prints. They made such sweet baby quilts.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:47 AM

MJP fantastic news, so happy for your family

Sewbiz how exciting to spend a week with little Ivy, they grow up so quick

we listed my home of 46 years yesterday then found out my oldest dd is interested. Asked realtor for a week’s extension on start date and told him the truth. We have a week for Kelly to see if she can get her Ducks in a row. It would be wonderful if the house stays in the family but it’s pretty darn expensive, taxes are high and it was built in the 1900’s and needs constant upkeep. A bit much for a first time homebuyer.

My fabric is picked out and washed already. Brought it with to Texas in case the boom started early. I will be packing and storing 99.9%of my fabric and placing into storage. Will buy what I need for the boom

Take care
Old 04-08-2021, 07:06 AM

mjpEncintas -- yay for twins! I am glad you will be able to go to help.

Good news all around! I'll be lurking during the next boom.

Terriamn, as a daughter who bought her parent's home, there is a joy in knowing that the house is still in the family even if I am not there to enjoy it all the time. In the meantime, it has become a home for the extended family and I get to visit always! I would love to have bought a home from the turn of the century. I hope your daughter can buy your home!

Sewbizgirl, I know you're happy to have spent time with your grands! I hope you flew!
Old 04-08-2021, 08:02 AM

How exciting mjpEncintas this is great news. Babies are always exciting and a double will be double the joy. It is so good to know your daughter is doing well. Like you looking forward to next Boom.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Sewbizgirl, I know you're happy to have spent time with your grands! I hope you flew!
Only went to Memphis. I drove. Would have loved to see the new baby and Millie, but that won't happen for a few more months.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:53 AM

I got both of my covid shots and was able to enjoy Easter with my family.
MJP what wonderful news. Twins can be so much fun!
Looking forward the the next boom. I'll be watching for signups.