Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 11-20-2020, 03:15 AM

Biblistone yo block for Julia’s is beautiful

LAF your additional different size blocks are so fun. Can’t wait to see your finished quilt

Macybaby you certainly are right about the closets.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:12 AM

Good morning, Flurries! It's a lovely GA autumn day, not too cold but bright and sunny. I've done my morning exercises so now I'm going to take a little while to straighten up this room that has gotten woefully messed up. It's my office/exercise room/dumping ground/Boom unpacking location and it's baaaddd right now. There's hardly room on the desk for the laptop. Then it's time to make up my Thanksgiving shopping list and start prepping for a nice dinner.

Hope you have a nice Friday and a fine weekend!
Old 11-20-2020, 08:54 AM

I was just having fun spending the last 15+ minutes looking over the gallery and looking at every one of these beautiful blocks. They are all so beautiful and so so much talent. Of course I have my favorites and they are all in on place under my name and made by the quilters here. I love every block that was made for me! I took closer looks at everyone's blocks and was blown away! Every block has a special amount of workmanship and dedication to it. To say keep up the good work is an understatement. I just have to wait and see what comes next. I am looking forward to my next trip to the gallery.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:05 AM

Well the decision is made. DH and I are staying home.by ourselves for Thanksgiving. The COVID threats are just to high. No kids or grandkids, no friends, no church. It looks like I will make a turkey for myself since DH doesn't eat poultry. So I will get the smallest bird I can get. I just hope there will be small turkeys left by they time I get one. I have to get buy and can some of the pumpkins I still have sitting here so I can make pies.. I am so glad I have all my blocks finished and returned. I am starting to miss my family more that every. Phone calls and video chats just aren't the same.
I am now making Christmas Stockings. I didn't figure quilts into making gifts this year only because I wouldn't have a way to deliver them. The plan is to have one for each grand child by Wednesday. I only have a few to go and I will have both children and grandchildren made. Here is a picture of what I am making. (Thanks to my Accuquilt dies for a stocking. )
Attached Thumbnails first-stocking.jpg  
Old 11-20-2020, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Cute stocking, Julia! I'm sorry you can't gather with your family for Thanksgiving. I know the covid warnings have been ramping up lately. Not sure I believe them. This is a virus with a 99.99% recovery rate. Still is.... We have the same situation with going to my daughter's home for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see my family!

Weather has been incredible here, lately. I wish it could stay cool and Fall-like forever.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:44 AM

Julia - this Thanksgiving will be different, for sure. We made the same decision...my parents are less than ten minutes away but it would just be too many different households. I was at Gordon Food Service (GFS) today and they had small turkey breasts in the freezer section.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:19 AM

Good afternoon, flurries. Now that I've straightened out my office, I'm going to start getting all my ducks in a row for the Flurries Group. I just gathered up all my info and below I'm posting who I have received blocks from for Flurries. Everyone take a look. This round I'm definitely not as coordinated as in past rounds so I'm allowing that I've missed something. Please check it out. If you have sent yours and your name is not on the list, let me know. Thank you!

Received from:
Hav4boys - 2 sets
IrishMom
Jaba
Juliasb
Libster
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

Thank you!
Old 11-20-2020, 01:48 PM

Juliab I agree that the gallery is amazing! Your Chistmas stocking is lovely! I may have to get that die. Consider cooking a cornish hen for yourself instead of a turkey. You can stuff hens, too. I am using this Thanksgiving to try cooking something different since it will be a smaller Thanksgiving for me, too.

Sewbizgirl, you are ever the optimist! I'm glad the recovery rate for Covid is high but I dont want to be in the ..01% that doesn't make it... I still have too much fabric to use! With diseases, I tend to be a pessimist. And if I am asymptomatic and manage to pass it on to anyone inadvertently I would be haunted by that. So holiday isolation for me so I can live with myself.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:40 AM

Julia your stocking is so rich looking. Very pretty.

My youngest daughter lives close by and we have been together quite a bit and will celebrate the holiday together. She is of the same thought as Sewbiz but has abided by the Covid guidelines. Hubby has figured out a way to keep fresh air flowing through the house and we will open the dining room table to full length. No one will be jammed together.

Our house smells so good, the holiday baking has started. Most likely will end up having to mail goodie boxes to kids and grands. Very sad as this will be the last Christmas in our house.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:15 PM

We had Thanksgiving this last week. Our daughter and her husband came in. It was wonderful to see them even though we all wore masks and sat across the room from each other to eat. Our sun is a nurse and deep in to COVID, so he will not be coming home until spring. Hate Covid! Reading others posts, it seems to be headed towards a solitude of Thanksgiving. Warm wishes to everyone for the brightest Thanksgiving we can safely have!