Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
finding a member? >

finding a member?

finding a member?

Old 09-21-2020, 02:22 PM

Default finding a member?

How do you find a member? I tried to put the persons name in the search but it didn't work. Thanks
Old 09-21-2020, 02:36 PM

Along the top bar, you will see "User CP", "FAQ" and "Community". Click on "Community" and there is a list of members. You can click on their names from there and choose "Send Message".

Watson
Old 09-21-2020, 05:25 PM

Following Watson's instructions, you will click on "Members List" which will take you to a page with lots of pages which will have a bar with the following:

Quiltingboard Forums: Members List Search Members

I just posted and clicked on the "Search Members" from within this post and it takes you to the "Advanced Search" page, so will behave as indicated below.

If you click on the pointing down arrow, next to the "Search Members," there is a text box that you can type the name (or even part of the name) in or there is also an option to select "Advanced Search" The "Advanced Search" will bring up another page. If you start typing the name there will be some of the options that you can click on, but then you will have to scroll to the bottom of the page to click on the "Search Now" box.

If you know the whole name then you can just type it in the text box. If you only know part of the name, then it may give pages and pages, depending on how common the part name is.

If it is someone who you have private messaged with before, you may be able to click on their username to take them to their user profile.

If it is someone who has posted in a bookmarked or subscribed thread, you can click on their name from the thread,

Hope at least something in this has helped.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 09-21-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:05 AM

Default search help

Thanks soo much for that help, but I want to find someone on this board who lives in a certain place. Here is the ulterior motive: I want to get a nut roll from the Och's farm market in Drum, PA. I live in northern Indiana and don't drive well anymore. They do not ship. Maybe there is a filter that can list people in certain places......and do I need a nut roll? Heavens NO! I watched a lady named Grammy make them on the video of Vege Boys Farm Market tour # 15.
Marcia
Old 09-24-2020, 05:40 AM

In the Advanced Search you can put in a location. I put in Pennsylvania and got eight pages of members that listed Pennsylvania as their location. A lot of members do not put their location in their profile.

I did find that they have a Facebook page. (i do not do Facebook.) I also found that the phone number is (570) 788-3163

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 09-24-2020, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Thanks soo much for that help, but I want to find someone on this board who lives in a certain place. Here is the ulterior motive: I want to get a nut roll from the Och's farm market in Drum, PA. I live in northern Indiana and don't drive well anymore. They do not ship. Maybe there is a filter that can list people in certain places......and do I need a nut roll? Heavens NO! I watched a lady named Grammy make them on the video of Vege Boys Farm Market tour # 15.
Marcia
Maybe - if you explain your situation to someone there - that someone might make an exception and send one to you?

The worst that would happen would be that they would say no, can't/won't ship.