Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Help with Needle positioning wheel and stitch selection wheelElnasuper >

Help with Needle positioning wheel and stitch selection wheelElnasuper

Help with Needle positioning wheel and stitch selection wheelElnasuper

Old 09-30-2020, 05:42 AM

Default Help with Needle positioning wheel and stitch selection wheelElnasuper

I just purchased an Elnasuper C62 but the needle positioning wheel and the stitch selection wheel are stuck. What is the best way to unstick these wheels?
Old 09-30-2020, 06:59 AM

Try heating them up, with a hair dryer, and see if it loosens up what is likely old oil grime. Then use fresh sewing machine oil once you get them moving.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:43 PM

I start with getting the top off and open the face plate. Clean, turn the hand wheel by hand, poke around, detect all oil points, apply oil to all moving joinst and gears. Check if the swing arm moves left to right with a finger. I can't remember how parts are connected there, but if the buil in cams are in the Elnagraph you just have to work on the parts, flush the moving parts with oil and make sure you reach the worm gear behind there. (I have a similar model with out the built in stitches, just the the Elnagraph and the cams). Let the oil soak in over night if things are stubborn, then keep on investigating. It's the general way about it.

Last edited by Mickey2; 09-30-2020 at 12:45 PM.