Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Professional Tote help needed >

Professional Tote help needed

Professional Tote help needed

Old 09-30-2020, 03:25 PM

Thank you. I am not good at things like that either.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:29 PM

Yep, if you have two pieces then it all makes sense. It is a great bag and you will love it. I don't think we have the same set of instructions because your step numbers are the same as mine. Now, just to add to your problems--I purchased the pattern for the mini professional tote and it is even better. It is adorable. I work during the day but please let me know if your directions are wonky anywhere else and I will try to help.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:41 PM

Here is a blog with some pictures about making the professional tote

http://coleensspace.blogspot.com/201...sional.html?z=
Old 10-02-2020, 04:21 AM

I have the same pattern from 2003, the page that has the fabric cutting instructions also shows to Cut 1 of #5 Zipper Pocket. Further down the page is #13, Front Zipper Pocket Lining and it shows to cut 2 of those. A friend gave me this pattern last week, she never made it. I'm hoping there aren't any more mistakes in it.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by rjwilder View Post
I have the same pattern from 2003, the page that has the fabric cutting instructions also shows to Cut 1 of #5 Zipper Pocket. Further down the page is #13, Front Zipper Pocket Lining and it shows to cut 2 of those. A friend gave me this pattern last week, she never made it. I'm hoping there aren't any more mistakes in it.
I have this hope as well, although I did make the other side w/ the magnetic snap pocket and didn't have any issues. And, yes, cutting two of #13 is correct.
So, you cut two of #5, and then follow Becky Anderson's instructions above. I've made bags this way, so I didn't have any problems following Becky's instructions. Or, take a look at page 9, step 6 (a).(LINING/Center Zipper Section). That's how you stack the zipper and the pocket front (with interfacing) and the pocket lining (without interfacing).
Old 10-02-2020, 08:45 AM

I have a later revised edition of that pattern so if anyone has other issues, just let me know. It really is a great bag.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:51 PM

So, this might be an crazy question ... but have you thought about writing the company asking them for any corrections that they may have made to the pattern?? Most companies and or creators are happy to oblige - they may even send you an updated pattern.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:25 PM

I tried sending an email and contacting them via Facebook. Apparently they have sold the business. The email was returned as non-deliverable and I never got an answer from FB messenger.
I worked on the bag during my retreat this past weekend. A couple of gals had made this bag and were a big help. I didn't finish because I want to add a shoulder strap. Be aware - the handles are short. You can carry it with your hands, but the straps were not long enough to pull it up to your shoulder.
I would make a couple more changes - some of the interfaced pieces were pretty stiff - side pockets and the flap. I will probably use a softer interfacing for those. Also, I didn't like the cord situation for the side pockets, so will probably use elastic instead of the cord
Thanks for all of the comments. I doubt I would have finished it without your help.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:09 PM

I bought the pattern around the same time, probably 2009, and have yet to do anything with it. You are at least further along than I am!
Old 10-16-2020, 01:58 PM

Default Finished

I finished this today. I need to get some webbing for the shoulder strap, but other than that, it's done. Another change I would make it to use a heavier duty zipper for the main bag closure. I had a kit with all of the hardware, velcro, etc. and the 18" zipper was just a regular zipper. I would use a better zipper. But, it's done (yea)

Attached Thumbnails tbfh.jpg