Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For those with several (many?) sewing machines - >

For those with several (many?) sewing machines -

For those with several (many?) sewing machines -

Old 10-18-2020, 05:03 AM

I have two berninas, one viking, one pfaff, one apqs longarm, one serger, and one singer 66....ummm....if I had to grab and run....it deffenitely would not be the apqs, serger or especially the singer 66....too heavy...ummm....could that singer 66 weigh more than the longarm? ummm...having carried it down the stairs....I think maybe it could....
Old 10-18-2020, 12:35 PM

Default Sooo hard to choose!

I have a 1947 Featherweight; an ancient non-working White in a cabinet; an old White which came to me in mint condition as if never used, I replaced the rubber components and it sews like a dream (also in a cabinet); A Juki 2010; Bernina 210; and a Bernina 230: and a Bernina 560; a Bernina serger
I wouldn't want to choose but I think the Juki mid-arm and the Bernina 230 would satisfy my needs (but don't tell my husband!)
Old 10-19-2020, 06:45 AM
DJ

I would have to choose my primary sewing/quilting machine (Pfaff Expressions 4.2); but if I could only have one machine, I might want to get a new one that would be an embroidery/sewing machine. I would really miss my serger! I have two machines that are smaller, one to travel with and one to leave at our lake place. I don't think an embroidery/sewing combo would be a good travel machine. I would be very disappointed if it came to that.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 AM

Hmmmm
Disconnect the power
Back up and hitch up
Get all the critters inside
Very carefully drive away with the she shed / diva den

Not
But thank the Lord for all the brave firefighters....
Old 10-21-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Let's make it tougher - you live in California and you are fleeing the fires -

If you had time to grab a machine - - - - and had room in your vehicle -
My purple featherweight 222, custom painted with Toyota car paint and multiple clear coats and silver featherweight decals. With the case and all accessories including the original embroidery hoop. Hands down. Sews like a dream. All the rest can be replaced with the exception of a few of the collectible antiques.

One sewing machine for everything: Kenmore 1941. All metal. Will never break down.
No power? my new home treadle.
quietist? Elna Grasshopper.
Most collectible, my restored swan neck hand crank, restored Wilcox & Gibbs hand crank, or civil war Grover and Baker treadle.
I could go on.....

You get the picture, its so difficult to choose just one. But fire, grab just one? Purple featherweight 222. Not even a question. Would cry over the antiques, but won't go without my purple 222.