Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Voyager horizontal stitches long >

Voyager horizontal stitches long

Voyager horizontal stitches long

Old 10-25-2020, 05:26 PM

Default Voyager horizontal stitches long

My horizontal stitches are long on my Voyager with the stitch regular on. The vertical stitches are with in range of the stitch regulator. Any ideas as to what could cause this. I have replaced the O rings, and checked the encoder and all is well.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

Long stitches, especially in just one direction, usually mean the encoder is not rolling smoothly, but you have checked that already. If you move the machine while watching the encoders, are they moving as expected?
Old 10-26-2020, 06:11 PM

The encoders are moving as expected. So we are at a loss for what is happening. Thanks for answering.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:40 PM

besides changing the rubber o-ring for the encoder, be sure to check the wires & plugs that attach the encoder to the machine. Also, on my machine the horizontal encoder wheel is tucked under the carriage and I've had thread get tangled up so badly that the wheel would not turn--couldn't see it until I set the carriage & machine up on a box (like a car jack) to really look underneath.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:48 AM

We did that and cleaned the area with a non-oily based cleaner. The stitches are only long horizontally when the stitch regulator is on as in the manual mode the stitches are determined by speed and an even speeds is giving me some what even stitches.

Thanks for the response. So we are still stumped, but I am wondering if it is the electrical box?
Old 10-28-2020, 07:53 AM

Have you thought about calling Hinterberg directly? When I had my Voyager I had an issue with it and called them directly and they were fantastic. While that was a while ago and Nolting has since acquired them, I bet you could get some suggestions/recomendations from them.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:57 AM

Sounds like you've already ruled out most encoder issues, but sure is what it sounds like.

I am wondering if you've tried this with a different backing/needle to rule out the fabric and get the same results. I would think since you are ok in manual mode this is not the answer either.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:20 AM

Question

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
Have you thought about calling Hinterberg directly? When I had my Voyager I had an issue with it and called them directly and they were fantastic. While that was a while ago and Nolting has since acquired them, I bet you could get some suggestions/recomendations from them.
Yes! I have contacted Nolting/Hinterberg again today and see what else they think it might be.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2020, 08:21 AM

Yes I have and will call them again today.