New ironing board cover

Old 11-14-2020, 09:40 AM

Angry New ironing board cover

I have been making my own covers for a long time however, brought this one from Walmart and it is very nice and has a rubber iron place to set your iron. It is just like the rubber ones you can buy but this one is built right in the cover and does not move. i am left handed and that does not work for me so I just set my iron backwards on the rubber thing. lefties always run into these kinds of things in life.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:50 AM

that sounds interesting. I've not seen one like that. i used to have the metal thing that attaches to the large end of my ironing board for my iron. Now i have my iron on the bookshelf stand behind my board. I just set it there. works well so far.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

I am not a lefty but can you rotate the ironing board or stand on the other side?
Old 11-14-2020, 11:18 AM

Maybe you could cut rubber thing out of the pad and reposition it so that it works for you? (You might need to use additional fabric to make it possible to sew it into a new position.)
Old 11-14-2020, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I always press from the big end and keep my iron on the little end. Anyone besides me think a regular ironing board is the ugliest thing to be set up in a room? LOL
Old 11-14-2020, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

I am happy that I can leave my ironing board up all the time. I have a big board on my MN ironing board.

I guess there are some "ironing/pressing stations" that are more or less attractive.

Bad thing about my ironing board - it is another horizontal surface that accumulates things - (It just goes around gathering things up for me to move off it when I want to use it. )
Old 11-14-2020, 10:11 PM

Great idea! Next time i'll apply this trick on my board covers.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:44 AM

Yes, being a lefty is sometimes a challenge ... I’m glad you like your new cover enough to make an adjustment.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:55 PM

jmoore, Yes i do like the cover and and it is heavy and constructed very nice.

Tarten, if I stood on the other side I would be ironing with my right hand. It does not work any way you look at it. It is OK, i don't care if my iron sits pont on the wide side of rubber thing. It just surprised me when I got the new cover on the board.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:39 PM

I looked on the Walmart web site and couldn't find the ironing board cover you describe. What is the brand--Mainstay? Homz? or something else. And what was the price?