Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can you help me find this fabric? >

Can you help me find this fabric?

Can you help me find this fabric?

Old 11-15-2020, 08:24 AM

Default Can you help me find this fabric?

I need help finding this fabric. It was a wide backing fabric. I purchased a yard by mail, but deleted all emails relating to it (and bunches of other stuff) in a bout of mailbox decluttering. Now I need more. It’s a medium mottled gray. Do you have any to sell or know where I can find it? There is no printing on the selvage to identify it.
Attached Thumbnails img_0819.jpg   img_0820.jpg   img_0821.jpg  
Old 11-15-2020, 08:55 AM

I hear you gramma nancy, recently I just deleted hundreds of things both here and in my email that ordinarily I would have kept -- and I know there are things I'm going to regret deleting, I just haven't found some of those yet.

There are a number of mottled wide backings out right now. There is always the problem of how long ago did you get it and if it is currently available now or not. So was it within the last year? With Covid issues in addition to the usual design cycle there isn't a lot of back stock left any more.

Any other hints you can give, like the width? That there is no selvedge information is actually a clue in itself (and don't get me started on backings that are print from edge to edge except for great big huge company branding that go an inch or more into the pattern...)

Are there any shops that you definitely prefer or wouldn't go to?

And finally, if someone has it in their stash -- how much are you needing? Looks like maybe you need one more strip for binding or a border?
Old 11-15-2020, 09:01 AM

Maybe a Grunge fabric? They do have wide backings so it might be one of them. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2020, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Maybe a Stonehenge grey blender?
Old 11-15-2020, 01:46 PM

It definitely reminds me of grunge fabric. I found one here that is close, but it looks a bit bluer than your picture, but maybe your lighting affected the color in your picture.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:11 PM

This looks like something I found at Hobby Lobby or Joann’s. I only have a small strip left so it wouldn’t be any help
Old 11-15-2020, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Drop an email with pictures to Rachel at Quilted Twins. She has a fabric store, and if she doesn't have this fabric, can probably tell you where to get it.

https://www.quiltedtwins.com/
Old 11-15-2020, 05:42 PM

Tartan, my first thought was Stonehenge too. Looks like their mottling.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Drop an email with pictures to Rachel at Quilted Twins. She has a fabric store, and if she doesn't have this fabric, can probably tell you where to get it.

https://www.quiltedtwins.com/
I agree with this. She has a lot of blenders & would probably be able to tell you where to look if she doesn't have it.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:10 AM

It does look like Stonehenge. MSQC has a good selection of colors in wide Stonehenge.