Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use >

Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use

Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use

Old 11-27-2020, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

My best tip is to tape a card or post a note with contents of container to an end of the container for at a glance searching. I have various sizes and styles of containers so not all coordinated.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
My best tip is to tape a card or post a note with contents of container to an end of the container for at a glance searching. I have various sizes and styles of containers so not all coordinated.
That is a good tip- thanks! I should be getting them today.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

There are several square rotating mats available to buy the Martelli Roundabout is the best I have used. I found mine on sale a few years ago. I would pay full price though if I had to replace it for any reason. Martelli has a big sale every so often so keep up with that.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 AM

I got rid of the purple gel pillow thing that sewers sit on. It's supposed to relieve fatigue and back strain. All it did was give fanny fatigue.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:41 AM

I also like my Martelli rotating set up. Cut mat and iron pad. And yesterday I saw they came out with a 10” set up. Much better size to sit next to machine for easy iron or square!

I do have some specialty rulers that may never get used!

I purchase a lot of little snip scissors and cast them aside fast. Cant seem to find a pair that fits me and cuts!
Old 11-27-2020, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fizzle View Post
I also like my Martelli rotating set up. Cut mat and iron pad. And yesterday I saw they came out with a 10” set up. Much better size to sit next to machine for easy iron or square!

I do have some specialty rulers that may never get used!

I purchase a lot of little snip scissors and cast them aside fast. Cant seem to find a pair that fits me and cuts!
hi Fizzle. I too purchased more than a few snips that are worthless. I found these at a sewing, quilting show and they are awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Unique-Edge-T...6491799&sr=8-8

Old 11-27-2020, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I got rid of the purple gel pillow thing that sewers sit on. It's supposed to relieve fatigue and back strain. All it did was give fanny fatigue.
Fanny fatigue? Haha too funny. I have one that I use on my chair at my home desk. I like it mainly because the chair is too hard. I had two hip replacement surgeries last year and find any fanny surface that is too hard bothers me after awhile. At work my chair is a little too hard and since I sit for much longer periods of time than at my desk at home, I use a memory foam cushion. It also works really well for me.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:58 AM

After reading all the comments about the rotating mat, it seem the square ones aren't as good as the round ones. I looked at some on Amazon and can see that unless the mat is lined up with the base, it won't support the corner. I also see where the Martelli one has a replaceable mat. So even though it is more costly investment in the front end, it would be better in the long run. I'll have to watch for sales.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

I like the Gypsy Sit Upon cushion. It's squishy and firm. It helps me keep balance on both 'cheeks'.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I like the Gypsy Sit Upon cushion. It's squishy and firm. It helps me keep balance on both 'cheeks'.
Thanks! I'll have to check that out.