Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you getting any new quilting items from Santa? >

Are you getting any new quilting items from Santa?

Are you getting any new quilting items from Santa?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:46 PM

I made an amazon wish list and shared it with hubby. I admit looking at the rotating mat but I put it back in favor of a cheep small matt that I turn myself
Old 11-30-2020, 04:16 PM

Thumbs up

New, no, but I sure hope I get the usual from my dear daughter, my $50 Amazon gift card! Love that I can get whatever I want today, tomorrow or next month!!
Old 11-30-2020, 04:25 PM

I got a new sewing machine a couple of weeks ago, so that was my gift from hubby.

I sent a link to my Amazon wishlist to my daughter the other day and when I went back to it later in the evening, I discovered that she had already bought three things on the list - Jacquie Gering's book Walk 2.0, 50 Organ topstitch needles, and a bundle of fat quarter blenders from Connecting threads!

I had a few other things on there, but those were the three things that I wanted the most. It seems like the older my daughter and I get, the more in sync we are with each other.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:42 PM

Years ago I belonged to a Mom’s Club. There was 12 of us and we drew names every year for Secret Sister gifts and identities revealed at the Christmas party. One member drew her own name and bought her own gifts all year. Nobody suspected a thing until she told us.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:42 PM

My HB ask me what I wanted for xmas and I just made an order on Accuquilt for some dies, They are having 32 Percent off dies and another 15 percent with a code cyber15. I just told my HB I did that and that is my xmas present. It is fine with him. I cannot wait until the holiday are over and My second cateract is done this thursday and I get back to quilting and sewing some things I already have cut out.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

One note here. I stopped being cheap to myself by not getting items I would like to have but could make excuses why I shouldn't. I stopped making do, I stopped over thinking, I stopped thinking we would miss a meal if I bought the new rotary cutter, the mat, or even a new machine. Those days are over but my head was stuck with what if the kids needed........
Old 11-30-2020, 07:56 PM

I have put a wool pressing mat and a Klutz glove on my Amazon wish list.

I would love to ask for 12 hours of “uncomplaining help” to sort and move the excess items - mostly boxes from his mother’s house - to the basement so I can get back to sewing...but I’ll have to gauge the climate before I bring up that task!
Old 11-30-2020, 08:22 PM

don't think any quilting items--like many I am my own quilting Santa! I asked for a step ladder with railings and will use that for hanging quilts on my wall in the basement (and changing out often). After Christmas I'm also going to figure out some better lighting for taking pictures of my quilt. May do some "gifting" then. I've asked son for pictures of the g-boys and slippers, daughter for her to paint my bathrooms once Covid vaccines available. Seems the older I get the less I want and when I want something for quilting, I'd rather pick it out myself.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:23 PM

I told Santa I wanted the Amanda Murphy Every Oval Set for ruler quilting. He said to go ahead and buy it.

I already got the Every Wave Set, and it's awesome!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:43 AM

Usually the fiancé will go out of his way in December, my birthday is on the 9th, so I let him have it. I'm a big snowman collector so I'm always getting new snowmen for Christmas decorations but last year I got some triangle templates, rotating cutting mat, a 1 x 6 in. ruler and a Dresden plate template. This year I'm getting Aurifil thread in Silver Moon for my sister's quilt, six yards of black fabric for my other niece's quilt, some new screwdrivers for my sewing machine and a very much needed angled cleaning brush to complete my machine cleaning set.

And then whatever else the fiancé can find for quilting. I'm hoping for some clamps, once we get the unused bedroom cleaned out, set up and organized, I'm going to need them so I can clamp the quilt onto the table when I pin baste.