You Tube suggestion

Old 12-13-2020, 06:03 AM

Default You Tube suggestion

What are watching on You Tube? I'm tired of concerts. Don't like romance movies (they ALWAYS get together at the end), history can be very interesting, comedy is good. What do you watch/listen to while sewing.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

I like listening to college lectures/classes that are online. Especially seminary classes. Most are from the college sites not on youtube.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I enjoyed "The Christmas Candle" movie on youtube. Like you I am tired of boy & girl meet dislike each other and end up falling in love. To many of them. Youtube has some good movies.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:09 AM

I look for comedy, parody, news, commentary, travel, cooking, sewing, decor, fashion, style, makeovers, try things, surprise giveaways, animal rescue (especially Flatbush Cats) and lots of things!
Old 12-13-2020, 07:21 AM

I usually watch the Fat Quarter Shop ones or Stitch All The Things (she makes quilts and does cross stitch). I try to watch quilty ones where they’re at least 30-60 minutes.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

I like silence when I am sewing. I can’t even have the TV on as I find it distracting.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:14 PM

Well - I’m a quilter so I have tons of quilt-related shows I’ve subscribed to, But I also just scroll down before going to subscriptions and watch some of the really oddball ones - and I do mean ODDBALL!!!!! Even a quilter gets tired of fabric once I awhile. And sometimes I will be thinking about a certain song or maybe a singer and do a search for those videos. I can kill a while day just watching and listening,

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 12-14-2020, 04:34 AM

when I am sewing across the room, it's music or something that is mainly audio, like court shows (I don't have a TV so that's the only way I can see them.)
When I am settled in my chair for the evening, I like to watch comedy shows, esp. older ones. I have gone through the entire run of "The Red Green Show" and am now re-watching selected episodes. Also there is a lot of "You Bet Your Life", all of Monty Python, loads of George Carlin and Dave Allen. If you like "clean" but funny standup, try a channel called Dry Bar Comedy.
Our library has Kanopy, a video service you can get in your home, with over 30,000 films and documentaries. However I find a lot of them are pretty grim and not to my taste. I am allowed 15 selections a month but rarely use them all.
Also IMDBTV has TV shows and movies, mostly lighter stuff.
Pluto TV also has shows to watch. All these services are on the internet, no TV needed.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:39 AM

OMG...I forgot about The Red Green Show. We use to get it on our PBS station. Best part of Sat night was watch this show with our sons. Edgar Montros was our fav character but wasn't on very much. Must search for it again.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:03 AM

I like to listen to Accuradio.com when I'm sewing. It's free and they offer a wide variety of music for all tastes - from symphony to country. During the Christmas season, I like the Easy Listening Christmas or Old-Fashioned Christmas music. The other 11 months of the year it's the Beautiful Music station.