Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January 2021 Pincushion Swap >

January 2021 Pincushion Swap

January 2021 Pincushion Swap

Old 02-09-2021, 06:40 PM

Default My owl friend

Found a post that said pic needed to be less than 2 mb. Let’s see if this works.
Attached Thumbnails a5739963-c113-49be-a3c6-9ba82050bacd.jpeg  
Old 02-10-2021, 12:46 AM

Wow Nonnie. That is one awesome owl.id you have a pattern or did you just work out how to do the front and incorporate that into it. Its magnificent!
Old 02-10-2021, 04:45 AM

The little owl is a michelle-quilts creation! Michelle, did you have a pattern? He is actually good size...maybe 5". I wanted to show you all how I display my collection but I was so mad about the pic size, I gave up. My little owl sits on shelves with my other pincushion treasures but there are 2 that I use all the time. The lovely wool flower also from Michelle-quilts is on my cutting table and the beauty with crocheted wool insides from Aurora in by my machine. I love them all! Sometimes, I switch them out so that the others get work time too :-)
Old 02-10-2021, 05:16 AM

It’s usually because the size is too large. My pictures are normally in the range of 40-70 kB. 5 mb is waaaaaaay too large. The iPhone has a feature on the bottom of the photo that says “actual size” if you touch that, a pop up screen shows and you can resize to the smallest one. That always works for me. Hugs!!
Old 02-10-2021, 06:24 AM

Interesting...I opened "Photos" and see All Photos.When I select a picture all I see at the bottom is a download, a heart and the trash can. I see "Edit" at the top. Where are you when you are looking at the photo and seeing "Actual Size"?
Old 02-10-2021, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nonnie4 View Post
Interesting...I opened "Photos" and see All Photos. When I select a picture all I see at the bottom is a download, a heart and the trash can. I see "Edit" at the top. Where are you when you are looking at the photo and seeing "Actual Size"?
when I open the quilting board message on my iphone safari browser, by selecting the red reply button on the thread, and then go to the bottom of the message I'm typing, to select the "manage attachments", the second screen pops up, then when I select "choose file," my photos show up, I select a photo, and on the bottom center of the photo is where the "actual size" appears. If you touch that, the pop up comes up and allows you to select from the sizes, and when you select the smallest size, it will work. The "Actual Size" doesn't show up when you go to the photos app, it only shows up when you select "choose file" on the pop up screen after you select "manage attachments." Tricky tricky....lol Hugs!
Old 02-10-2021, 10:57 AM

Default With help from Rebaquilts

Let’s see if I can post a pic of my little collection of beauties. Do you recognize any from past swaps? I love them all.
Attached Thumbnails 3c39bddf-fc98-466f-9c79-cbe0e9b380da.jpeg  

Last edited by Nonnie4; 02-10-2021 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:01 AM

Default It worked!

Thanks so much Rebaquilts for the lesson. I NEVER would have figured that out on my own. Now this last shot is of the 2 beauties that I use all the time. I should switch them out once in a while so that the others don’t get jealous. The wool flower was made by the talended michelle-quilts and the one with the crocheted wool center was made by Aurora.
Attached Thumbnails f6c05024-a3e0-4d10-8ca8-1a592f43a647.jpeg  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nonnie4 View Post
Thanks so much Rebaquilts for the lesson. I NEVER would have figured that out on my own. Now this last shot is of the 2 beauties that I use all the time. I should switch them out once in a while so that the others don’t get jealous. The wool flower was made by the talended michelle-quilts and the one with the crocheted wool center was made by Aurora.
YEAAAA! So happy to help. Its so nice to see your pincushions from the swaps too, nice to know other people have sewing areas like mine! Hugs!!
Old 02-10-2021, 03:45 PM

Noonie the pincushoons are so nice. What does Everyone use to fill? I was using crushed walnut but I moved & they are no longer free