Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Alligator clips and comic boards on order! >

Alligator clips and comic boards on order!

Alligator clips and comic boards on order!

Old 12-19-2020, 06:31 PM

Default Alligator clips and comic boards on order!

Yep. I joined the party! I was fabric folding today and thought...I think these quilting buddies probably have the right idea about storing fabric. So ordered the clips and boards and should have them by Christmas...maybe.

Why did I finally do this? It's everyone's fault by saying how much they love the comic boards and the AC are better than pins cuz they don't bite. Easier to see the fabric, too.

Just hoping by having my fabric stored vertical rather than horizontal it may be easier to shop my fabric w/o making such a mess. Sewing room still looks nice even though it's only be ONE day but fabric room is total disaster.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:05 PM

Yes, I did some with pins and now have to go back and put the clips on. I ran out of board and ordered more and they came yesterday. I am also measuring fabric before I fold and put a small label with the amount. If it is 1 yd and 5 inches. I put 1yd plus 5". i think this will help me. I make lots of other items to sell. I cannot believe how much fabric I have. Have fun with your boards. Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

I think you'll like the new organization. I put my fabric on magazine boards almost 2 years ago, and I'm finding it much easier to pull a fabric out, and - more important - to put it back where it belongs!
Old 12-19-2020, 07:15 PM

Sew Thank you for suggestion to label how much fabric on each board.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:04 AM

Default Alligator clips and comic boards

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Yep. I joined the party! I was fabric folding today and thought...I think these quilting buddies probably have the right idea about storing fabric. So ordered the clips and boards and should have them by Christmas...maybe.

Why did I finally do this? It's everyone's fault by saying how much they love the comic boards and the AC are better than pins cuz they don't bite. Easier to see the fabric, too.

Just hoping by having my fabric stored vertical rather than horizontal it may be easier to shop my fabric w/o making such a mess. Sewing room still looks nice even though it's only be ONE day but fabric room is total disaster.
You inspired me so much to get organized that I immediately went on Amazon to search for Alligator Clips. Who knew there would be a zillion different kinds and prices. Since I have never heard of alligator clips, please tell me what kind you use and about what you pay. TIA
Old 12-20-2020, 04:13 AM

RV here's the link for Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ZLULQKBT&psc=1

Not affiliated with Amazon. Just a frequent shopper but my DH shops there more.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:00 AM

Sounds like you have an organization project to keep you busy after Christmas. I’m sure it will make it easier to shop your stash and keep your fabric room neat. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:04 PM

Well I'm inspired. Just ordered clips and boards from Amazon.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:17 PM

I did this a couple of years ago and it’s like your sewing room is converted to a mini (or full blown based on stash..lol) quilt shop. You won’t regret taking the time and expense to do this. Amazing how much more efficient you become.. have fun!
Old 12-21-2020, 03:45 AM

Attention gator/clippy newbees! Should we have an organization party when we get our supplies?