UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 09-05-2021, 08:05 PM

Learning curve for posting photos… apparently works better if i email the photo to myself choosing the smaller file size - then save the file again and upload! I am not sure that the photo will be upright when its posted though (any pointers on that?). So here it is!
Attached Thumbnails 3307e09b-919a-4d97-a715-0f5d04239ee3.jpeg  
Old 09-06-2021, 04:29 AM

Great finish- congratulations on getting it done! And Welcome to the UFO thread.

Rob
Old 09-06-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Not a finish, yet. But I got a UFO quilted yesterday. Need to cut and add the binding. Maybe later this week? Fingers crossed. There is one more that is sandwiched. The top has been waiting since the beginning of the year. Baby steps, I guess.
Making progress-that counts.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:18 PM

April- that's a beautiful jacket! Congratulations on the finish!

​​​​​​Sadly I just added another to my ufo pile tonight. Making a total of 4 hanging nicely with the backing. Time to get some batting and prioritize.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:18 PM

Hello UFO'ers, I thought I'd better say a little something, since I haven't had much input since moving to Georgia. I've been trying to adjust and life has thrown a curve or two at me. I've evaded the covid, thank heaven and I've been vaccinated. But, did go through a tragic family lose. My 30 year old grandson in late May.
So, I'm just getting back to sewing and piecing. I did do a new project in March and my Kansas long arm Cousin brought back to me in June when she came for a visit.
I just finish a top of a pattern that I like from the Spring and Summer issue of the Quilt Sampler. Now, I am pulling out my three or four year UFO, image the older one is finished pieced just needing a back. The Arkansas Crossroad is still incomplete, that the one that needs to be worked. That's the one that will get worked at.
If I'm going to get at it, I better start soon
Take care everyone and stay safe--cherryb
Old 09-09-2021, 04:21 PM

Cherrybsixty, good to hear from you again. Life can give us hills and valleys. Glad your back to quilting and looking at those UFOs after a move, a visit, and the passing of a grandson. I have many a number of Arkansas Crossroads and thinking about another, just to get some squares out of my stash. Keep pushing up the hill and we will be looking for a photo of a finish from you this fall maybe? (Your time, your pace.)
Old 09-09-2021, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty View Post
...did go through a tragic family lose. My 30 year old grandson in late May.
Take care everyone and stay safe--cherryb
That's not just a stumble - that would downright take me to my knees. You have all of my sympathy and support to take whatever time you need to heal and share at your own pace.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:13 PM

Thank you WMUT and Rff1010 for your kind thoughts and words of encouragement. I handed all of my grieving over to the Creator. The piecing is a peace of mind for me. But, when I master the pix transferal I will be doing great. Every time I understand the process either the Board changes or I upgrade to another phone. This two I shall learn how to operate.

Take care all and stay safe--cherryb
Old 09-10-2021, 06:05 PM

I pulled out my Arkansas Crossroads today. I have a new granddaughter who is two years old, so I need a quilt quickly. My blocks are very scrappy and not particularly young or feminine, but I think I can lighten it up with borders.
Sometimes it's nice to have UFOs.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:31 PM

Irishrose I do believe you are right about having something that you can build off of and make it work for a gift. I originally was going to gift my Arkansas Crossroad to my last neighbor, but until I finish it the ball is still in the court. Happy sewing with hers

Blessings and stay safe everyone--cherryb