Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 01-01-2021, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Happy New Year.

I don't need to organize much, just a few fabrics put back in proper stacks. After I finish three quilts.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:14 PM

petthefabrics: Thanks! I don't have any tricks for staying the long haul. I did well last April and May with 20-30 minute spurts a couple times a day. I was trying to adjust to the new normal of being home. I was used to working as a substitute teacher 3 or 4 days a week and needed something to keep my mind occupied. Once summer came, my brain said 'Wahoo! I can sew all I want because that's what I do in the summer when I'm home.' Lol! My brain just didn't switch back to organizing when school started again and I didn't choose to return to subbing. Fingers crossed that I can finally get the remaining rooms organized/reduced of stuff.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:17 AM

What a wonderful surprise today when I walked into the sewing room. IT WAS TIDY! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I vaguely remember putting stuff away before starting to assemble this quilt. Maybe that's what I need to do. Hide, no, put stuff in the proper place before serious sewing? Any way I should be able to get two small baby quilts pieced today. Have to confess there are a few items should be put back but not the usual mess. Have my coffee. Had my biscotti. TV on. Ready to sew! Best part of my day. Marathon sewing!
Old 01-02-2021, 05:00 AM

I began sorting through my fabrics the day after Christmas...every bit of it, including my crumb bins. I pulled stuff that I was tired of looking at and stuff I know I will just never use. DH helped me move a dresser so I would have more space in my ironing alcove (aka dormered area) so I took the time to organize the drawers which contain embroidery supplies, stabilizers, rolls of heat n bond and Misty Fuse. It feels so good to start the new year off in a cleaner studio.

Rhonda, we look forward to seeing your new space and ideas. I remember how exciting it was when we built my room over our 2 car garage 3 or 4 years ago.

I have just gone back into the working world as a real estate agent but since we are not working in an office at this point in time, I have now had to make room for books, documents and files in one of the desks in my sewing room. 😏
Old 01-02-2021, 06:29 AM

To Rjwilder - I’m doing exactly what you are doing. I have two friends who wants all the fabric scraps I don’t want. So I have been loading them down
Old 01-02-2021, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Our daughter and GD came yesterday . Nice to have them here. (Today's my sister's birthday..the first without her.. no phone call teasing her I'm still 5 years younger. ) Last night we sorted tshirts for GS's graduation quilt and a rough sketch of layout . DD had some great ideas. We need a couple more soccer and golf themed shirts. I have a red black buffalo plaid flannel sheet for the back. DD asked if I'd make 2 more for the girl and boy friends of the 2 Grands who also graduate. Sounds like I will be making my first 3 t shirt quilts this year!
Old 01-02-2021, 12:11 PM

My heart hurts for you, OKsewglad. Hoping your memories bring you joy, today...hugs!

So, really not an organizing thingy but, today, I bought a quilt ladder for the guest room. I’ve been wanting one and can’t yard sale to find a ladder and restore, so I just bought one. Pulling out a couple of fav quilts for displaying, which will make a bit more room in my quilt chest. I’ve got to get a handle on these quilts somehow...they are breeding...to my delight..
Old 01-02-2021, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Happy New Year.

I don't need to organize much, just a few fabrics put back in proper stacks. After I finish three quilts.
Happy New Years, Jingle!! You are certainly a busy lady with all the lovely quilts you make for foster kids. Your community is very blessed to have you...
Old 01-02-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
Thanks Julie!

I have to be organized in this small space. I will take before and after pictures to post for you. Happy 2021!
oh goodie, Love seeing everyone sewing rooms. Mine is about the same size as yours. I can't add another hobby in there lol. Finally found a spot for my accuquilt dies so they are easily accessible. I really need to go through the ufo pile next.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I started putting away Christmas fabrics and decided I needed to sort and organize it better- so, I found stacks of swap blocks from years ago, aprons cut out, numerous ( holiday projects) now I have a tote with yardage- foldable Christmas fabrics, one with ( projects- tree skirts, table runners, placemats, aprons, swap blocks...all organized to be able to open it, grab a project and get something done in a couple hours) and a bag of scraps I might pass on. Oh, and a tote of holiday stuff I actually finished but ( lost / forgot about) so now I have a dedicated place to put the projects as I finish them.
I have a lot of other stuff to get organized and cleaned up. But it was a good start.