Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 07-11-2021, 04:49 PM

Rob: Prayers that all will go well for your future surgery and that your health issues will improve after it.

My son put up the blinds in my big picture window this afternoon. Now I have room to walk around in my sewing area after I put a table and other things back under the window. I think my next organizing project will be another smaller table that has been a ‘holding’ space while I have been rearranging shelving units. I have fabric that’s on the floor from that rearranging that’s slowly being sorted. 🙂.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:19 AM

Thanks, Connie.

Good work on reclaiming your sewing area. It sounds like you’re really moving forward with the fabric sorting as well!

Rob
Old 07-13-2021, 09:48 AM

Petthefabric….. hoping your recovery is quick and all will be well. Sisters Rock! Enjoy the loving attention and may the force be with her!! Lol..

Rob…bummer about hernia but at least they finally found what is wrong…and it sounds like it’s fixable. Let us know when scheduled…

retiredteach..…Your space is coming together. I’m sure each step of progress is motivating to keep on going.

As result of my mother’s recent decision to sell her 3-story house and move in with my sister, she has gifted me several things from her home…when I was in Georgia to see her a couple of weeks ago…I wrapped and boxed all of her gifts and left money with my sister to ship when convenient. The last of the boxes will be received today…..my goal is to find places for everything immediately. I’ll probably cry a lot like I did with the other boxes received.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:57 AM

I finished quilting my big project before Memorial Day's company: ( Heavy quilted wall hanging ), then proceeded to sandwich four more quilts and quilted one more prior to our son, his wife and our two grandchildren arriving. They bring two German Shepherds too, so we give up our Master bedroom and move into the guest room with our two Goldens. The guest room is where I store my overflow: finished and sandwiched quilts, quilts ready to donate, etc. and the closet is full of fabric, batting, scraps, precuts etc. All the stuff laid out on the beds went into the sewing room so everything re: sewing/quilting, just came to a halt for the 10 days they were here. Loved, loved the time with them FINALLY after more than a year. Once they left it was time to reorganize the guest room closet and resupply the beds LOL Here is the result of my organization.
organized-guest-room-closet-resized.jpg
The top shelf not visible holds bagged batting of wool or wool combo. The first visible shelf holds Minkee scraps, a box of layer cakes, fusible fleece, and interfacings. Next comes Quilters Dream cotton batting on a closet rod with its scraps laid on top. (My 80/20 roll is upright in the corner of the room.)
Yardage is folded on comic boards. The smaller boxes hold FQs mostly by color, the 4 larger boxes with pink handles hold scraps all cut to 5" sqs. There is a box of 80/20 scraps to be sewn together for smaller projects, the floor holds a box of jelly rolls and a large box of pastel flannel scraps for charity baby quilts.

The closet in the sewing room holds all the pre-assembled project bags: some purchased as kits and others that I have assembled with the purchased the pattern and all necessary fabrics to complete. The dresser in the guest room has even more and includes kids panels. I have so many projects but keep plugging away and hope I can finish at least most of them. I have sworn off buying any more as I turn 70 next month!
Old 07-16-2021, 04:25 PM

EmiliasNana: Great organization!
Old 07-17-2021, 02:35 AM

EmiliasNana- good job getting it reorganized- it looks great!

Rob
Old 07-17-2021, 03:39 AM

A cracked window looking out at the bird feeders and flowers in my sewing area forced me to move the tools and supplies and, out of embarrassment, vacuum. This is not meant to suggest that anyone break any windows.
Old 07-17-2021, 02:18 PM

I am sorting through UFOs and determining which to finish and which to pass on.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by pbraun View Post
A cracked window looking out at the bird feeders and flowers in my sewing area forced me to move the tools and supplies and, out of embarrassment, vacuum. This is not meant to suggest that anyone break any windows.
Lol…I chuckled when I read this. Organizing has a snowball effect.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:55 PM

Well done, Emilias Nana….looks fantastic