Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Convergence Quilt >

Convergence Quilt

Convergence Quilt

Old 01-11-2021, 05:01 PM

Default Convergence Quilt

I have Ricky Tim’s Convergence quilt book and love this technique. I’ve made a wall hanging but would like to make a lap quilt size...maybe 50 x 70 or so. Does anyone one know how to cut the fabric for this? Or does it have to turn out square? Can’t quite wrap my brain around it!
Old 01-12-2021, 04:59 AM

That's a good one. Matching a longer piece to a shorter piece is the only way I can think of. But try it on a small sample first. Verticals remain vertical and horizontals remain horizontal. They just flip.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:03 AM

I have that book too and did make the convergence quilt. It turned out square and I made a pillow with it. As I recall (I am not near the book) the pattern called for one yard of fabric. Maybe if you use the technique on 2 of 3 yards of fabric you can make it bigger. You would probably need to double that and have 2 sections.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:07 PM

Many years ago I "converged" 4 pieces of fabric, each one began as a 42 inch inch square. I believe it made a lap-sized quilt. I had a picture of the quilt with me when I attended the Paducah quilt show in 2010. Ricky Tim's was vending at his booth and he autographed the photo for me! I will look for the quilt this weekend and send you the measurements I used if I can find it.