Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 12-05-2021, 04:42 AM

I saw this candy option on https://blog.quiltedtwins.com/new-bl...sunday-break-1. One flake will make a nice wall hanging to go with my still in progress ghost.
Attached Thumbnails norwegian-snowflakes-candies.jpg  
Old 12-05-2021, 04:18 PM

I do like the quilt from quilted twins, Ibex94. I think what attracts me is the blues and the crisp white. (I would leave out the cream blocks and make them all white.) It sure would be huge with 2.5s and rather than the 2" squares. Might consider it as a 4 X 4 grid snowflake grid. Humm, once again, so many quilts and so little time.

Old 12-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Here is my version of "How up upload photographs to the Quilt Board. It works for me from my laptop.

Take your photograph and save it to your computer so you can find it when you want it! I resize mine to "medium"."1. Write message in any QB thread.
2. Click "Go Advanced"
3. In the box labeled Additional Options" click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved your photograph on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload.
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. Pull the side of this box to the far right and until you expand the box. Then you will see the hidden "Upload" button.
6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year. Most have been resized to "medium". This format will allow you to post to the QB.
It seems there are multiple ways to do this upload process and it all depends on your computer and software preferences.

Hope this helps. It took me way too long to figure this out when the QB made changes but now it seems to work well for me. Hope it will work for you too.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:23 AM

Hello everyone. We have been very quite the past few weeks, but I can guess that you have been stitching away on holiday gifts, making goodies and planning family gatherings. Just to keep us all in touch, this is a reminder that we have one more Birthday Gal on our list for January. Don't lose heart. We are not done yet. I will send out the final information on December 20. So get your package ready to pop in the mail shortly after Christmas and watch for a PM from me in a few days.

BTW, I have just asked for the OK for another swap for 2022. Details to follow as soon as I get the administrator's approval.

If any of you have finished a piece with your 2.5's please post a photo of your top or finished quilt. We are always interested in how we use all of these little dar'lins.

Old 12-14-2021, 06:49 AM

I am ready to ship to my January Bday gal.

As I play with these candies and my ghost -in-progress gets quilted up, (It is too cute and just in time for Christmas, lol)

I have taken some coloring book pages from my grandkids and started drawing grids on the images. If I manage to turn one of those images into a candy friendly wall hanging, I'll post the flimsy here, I promise. Paw Patrol puppies would make all the grands happy.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:05 AM

I've been working on another Christmas candy quilt. I "promised" myself that last one was the "last one" for the year, and then I found another pattern that would work great with them so off I went on that. They will probably be saved for gifts next Christmas.

DH and I have also been hitting the remodel hard, with ripping down the ceiling and removing all the blown in insulation. DH has finished the wiring, HVAC and plumbing so today he should be putting insulation back up. Sure will be glad to have that part of the house warm again!. It's feeling very good as it really feels like we are on the "put back together" part of the project.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:15 PM

We are heading out tomorrow (after the storm passes tonight) I have the January birthday card packed as well as the candy collection and at least two patterns for them. Not alot of down time but can make up some 9 patches and dresdens in camper at night. Of course when we are out in the desert we are surrounded with friends around the campfires!
I am all in for another year - and spreading the word out to other quilters.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:21 AM

Thanks, Travelinggranna for "spreading the word". Sewing by campfire light, in the desert, with friends sounds enchanting. Tee-Hee-Hee.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:21 AM

I haven't been able to sew up my sweet candies for about a month now, but I know they will be waiting for me when I'm ready. I'm looking forward to next years swap, hoping we get a big crowd. When the new thread for sign up is open, we should all share all the quilts we have made from our candies, even if we have already posted them before, to try to encourage any lurkers or "on the fence-ers" to join us.

I have our January girl's birthday candies all ready to fly.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:24 PM

https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/favo...istmas-quilts/ tons of cute christmas quilts including some pixelated patterns that will go great with candies!
Attached Thumbnails pixelated-xmas-flamingo.jpg   xmas-tree.jpg   wreath.jpg