Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 04-23-2021, 12:23 PM

Crispy Frog -- that is a fast release from rehab! Good job! I know you're pushing it to get out of there so please take it easy. I'm sorry you are going through this. Great to have you back online!
Old 04-23-2021, 05:35 PM

My 3 packages are in the mail for May birthdays.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:52 PM

The mail picked up my 3 birthday packages today. Hope they get there soon!

I hope your leg gets better soon Crispyfrog! That can't be fun at all...
Old 04-24-2021, 02:30 PM

Sent out my packages this morning too. Looks like we are keeping the mail trucks busy!
Old 04-25-2021, 05:01 AM

May birthday girls, candies were mailed Saturday and should arrive next week. Happy Birthday!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:53 PM

Three more candy packages dropped at the post office this morning. They'll be trucking out tomorrow. I applied tape to the edges and distributed the candies away from the edges so maybe this time around no seam popping will occur. If my strategy doesn't work, I'll reload into clasped brown envelopes as suggested in an earlier post.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:08 AM

Hi Kiddies,

I'm here, by the skin of my teeth but I'm still with you.

Scans of doctors appointments thankfully they were all video and phone, the in persons coming up on Friday. Oddles of test, including a sleep scan, positive for sleep apnea. Loosing hair like mad (sad sad world). Couldn't afford it to start with as I've fine, thin hair.

Lungs show no permanent damage from Covid- pulmonary said Long Haul, well, I said it, he kept saying we just don't know. I finally told him if you have no hope for me, how am I supposed to continue? Nebulizer 3 times per day, steroidal and albuterol inhalants, gufinacin (sp) in am and one with codeine nights. And there's a nasal spray. Been on oxygen since December when I was in the hospital with severe Covid pneumonia. One week after I got home, back in for severe GI bleed. I've been able to get off o2 - 3 weeks out of that time but it always plummets into the low 80's again. Then we are scrambling to get me hooked up.

Brains - they ran the BNP which came out negative and we stopped there but I'm sooooo dumb! I hope my brains come back cause this isn't funny.

Can't remember what else but we have done every test and checked everything. Seeing Doc Friday for what surely must be the brush off as, "we just don't know anything." Really tired of hearing that, glad my PCP doesn't say it. If they don't know, they need to open up a LOT of studies, like yesterday.

Sigh, I had no idea I was going to unload like this, guess I needed to share. Hope ya'll are ok. I'll be mailing tomorrow, we just got back from a week at our time share. I thought it would be a good thing, not so much when you already have zero energy to start with.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Wendy, good to hear from you. I hope you continue to improve and get stronger, and get your brains back! Ha. It all takes time but I hope everything comes back and you are in good shape soon.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I'm still in Memphis, helping the kids move across town. My candies won't go out until next week when I'm home, but they should all arrive in plenty of time for the birthdays!
Old 04-26-2021, 08:51 AM

I just mailed my May candies out this morning.

I haven't been on the QB much and I've missed a lot of chatter it seems. I just finished catching up.

Wendy, I have my fingers crossed that things start getting better for you here soon!

Crispy-Frog, glad to hear you are healing so fast! I've never had a broken leg before but have heard they hurt like blazes!

WMUTeach, wow, I'm sorry about your computer hack. Yuck! Not fun!

​My Dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer in February. It hit me as a huge shock as he is only 58. His and my relationship has been very rocky these past few years so I have been trying to mend it before he passes. I think we are doing quite well patching things up. There is a lot of family dynamics to work with and try not to step on anyone's toes.

​​​​​