Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 04-27-2021, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

NZ, so sorry to hear of your dad's cancer diagnosis! A lot of things change when something like that happens, and I pray it's changes for the good in his case, and he's open to patching things up. Big hugs to you!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Yes, Wendy, I'd love to see the charm quilt you designed!
Old 04-27-2021, 02:15 PM

Wendy, please do share!
Old 04-27-2021, 02:36 PM

Your not going to believe this, spent about an hour searching for the pattern and I can't find it. I've 4 more boxes but I ran out of steam.

Speaking of steam, if any of you like fantast, a little grit and steampunk, Shadow and Bones. It's a TV series based on a YA book trilogy. I binged it and so totally want more but cest la vie will have to wait until 2022 unless I get the books.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:01 PM

Wendy, I don't have a design wall either, but I used the back of a plastic table cover. It has fuzzy backing and the fabric stuck to them easily. It has been working great for me...
Old 04-27-2021, 03:02 PM

May birthday candies are in the mail to day!
Old 04-27-2021, 03:21 PM

Mailed mine too, except the one to myself!
Old 04-27-2021, 04:28 PM

Thank you everyone for mailing out packages so quickly!

Wendy, when you find your pattern we would be happy to see your efforts at designing. Be we all know how hard it is to prepare a design for someone else to use. Right?

Old 04-28-2021, 05:24 AM

I have received envelopes from:

April 27th: Patricks Mom
April 27th: barbarakibler23

Thank you!

Last edited by Gaijin; 04-28-2021 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:04 AM

Well I tossed the rest of the boxes, it's no it any. Shuffled through the book shelf, its not in any of the books or files there. I can't think of any other place I'd have put it. So back to the drawing board.

I think it looked like this with the elongated triangle. The main block not the alt, that was different. Guys, this is so bad, my brains, that I only just remembered that this was the shape of the main block.

This large elongated star reminds me of the main block but I'm pretty sure there was more to it and it ran with the alt block. Sigh.
Worst comes this is Straigts of Mackinac and it's a beauty. Cours you need to make this so you can see the curvey circly thing. Brains I want them, no I need them. :-)
Course here's one in a rainbow gradient like I was thinking but this one has a block of color,,, I'm thinking more of blending inside of each block as well as ... course my brains are shot, I might need to make it like this. Plus my massive Y2K quilt was done like this... one color per block and I did it until I ran out of that color scrap. HA I could make a quilt that could cover the world if I did that now.

AHWU Searched for a design wall, Fons and Porter is just $20 something at Amazon but it's too small. Your talking about that stuff for tables that JoAnn's has on those massive rolls right? I could sew it down the center. I'm house bound so I have to buy online. Would regular flannel work?

What do ya'll use when you have something going this large and fiddly? Meaning Light to Dark, diagonal rainbow gradient.