Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 08-23-2021, 08:35 AM

NZ I'm sorry about your Dad, it's so hard letting go.

Macybaby=that's not a room it's a store! Must be fun tooling around in there.

Well, all my minis are in their own box now sorted by color. I need another blue box and my purple is woefully low. I cut up 2 shopping bags of scraps and have everyone arranged according to size. One day I'll have to take out all my strips and just sew them together, see what happens.

We worked on the wool room but I've changed my mind too many times. At least the walls are painted, well, all are sky except one walls supposed to be a mural, Watch me paint over it,. I keep thinking I'd like an office and a scrapbook room. All the looms and wool machines have been moved in what will eventually become my sewing room. Figured out that the best "sewing table" was a workbench. It's coming on the 26h. I really need to finish the "wool" room before it gets here so it has a place to go. That room still needs to be painted.

I'm so sad without my beloved baby girl. They've been back from their honeymoon for a few weeks. The first she was busy, 2nd she had more time to mope. This week she's supposed to start work, sounds like full time. I'm really jealous of the in-laws, she's with them all the time. I've gained a good 10 pounds that I couldn't afford, BP is super high and I can't get off of the oxygen from my diseases. Something has to give. How long does this grieving go on for? I've had nothing good to say so I've stayed away.

I keep typing and deleting so I'm out.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:32 AM

Candies are in the mail. Yeah! Happy September birthdays! I love September. I'm totally biased though. Lol!
Old 08-23-2021, 02:20 PM

Ok I got an envelope from Patrick's Mom today. I went ahead and looked and love them! Thank you so much for that Patrick's Mom!!!
Old 08-23-2021, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Wendy, my daughter and I were close,too. It killed me when she chose to go off and do a program in England right out of high school. And then she stayed about 8 years total and got married! It was very, very hard for me. Now she's back in America and living just hours away and she has my beautiful granddaughter. We are close again. One thing I finally learned is that relationship can come right back and be stronger than ever. Be strong and be supportive of her. After all, we raised them to be strong, independent adults, didn't we?
Old 08-23-2021, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Loveofquilts, it's up to you whether you wait til your birthday or not. You can open envelopes as they come in if you like. I've done it both ways and it's always fun, whichever way you choose.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:17 PM

Whoops, sorry... I've been trying to keep up with everything going on with this board. I guess I'm not doing my best. I'll do better gals.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:25 AM

Lovie hearing all of he chit-chilt from the group and y'all supporting one another.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:14 AM

I got a package from Patrick's Mom!!! It isn't even September yet. I have to admit.... it was a total rush not to get a bill or ad in the mail. I am going to stock pile my envelopes until my birthday. This is total fun! Love of quilts, as my birthday twin, I completely agree with you that Sept is the best time for birthdays.

I am putting my candies in the mail today. Envelopes are stamped up and ready!

Wendy -- hang in there! It sounds like you are keeping yourself properly busy. Your in laws will never replace you. You've just become part of a bigger family. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon and can take a trip to visit.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:06 AM

Hi fellow candy lovers! I hope it's ok to ask this question. What has happened to all the smaller candy swaps? There used to be several throughout the year in addition to the birthday swap. I have been checking for a couple of years, but haven't seen any. Is anyone up for organizing one? I'm really bad at mailing things on time, so I don't want to join the birthday swap. I do better with the one-time thing where I either mail my 20 bags with 50 squares on time or I'm out.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:18 AM

Wow! My candy arrived to their destinations early. I sent them on Saturday. Happy birthday September girls!